Sean Miller gone as Head Basketball Coach at Arizona

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
He wouldn’t be a good fit in the NBA but if he can get a gig somewhere good for him.
As an assistant, he’d do well coaching up defense and demanding accountability. He’d be a terrible NBA HC though.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Miller will end up at some mid-major or possibly lower tier SEC or maybe Big 12 program where they don't care if you have the rule breaker stink on you.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Players not happy with firing. Countdown has begun for the 3 commits to look elsewhere and possible transfers.

UCLA boards all saying don't be surprised if KJ Simpson asks out of his NLI wanting to come to UCLA.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As an assistant, he’d do well coaching up defense and demanding accountability. He’d be a terrible NBA HC though.

NBA players hate guys like Miller and they make so much money they won't listen to him. I know it wasn't a regular event but him getting in Tarc's face like that, you do that to an NBA player you will be unemployed the next day.

It's why a guy like Kerr is so good in the NBA, he can be tough with his players without screaming.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Read on Wildcat Authority that rumor today is Tommy Lloyd is telling people he is leaving GONZ and people around him are saying he is going to take the UA job.

Great recruiter especially international from what I read which plays into UA's current success with international recruiting.

Interesting tidbit in Scheer's Hot Board, Lloyd is considered Few's eventual successor. I get TJ's point to not get excited as Lloyd while a highly regarded assistant, has never been the man before.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Russ Smith about to get his wish. KJ Simpson getting out of his NLI

I'm actually not that high on him he's not really a PG IMO but he would be a good backup. My dream scenario is 2 more years of Tyger, with Dylan Andrews a freshman there Tygers last year. If Simpson can play 4-5 minutes a half at backup PG that would be great I just don't think he's really a PG.

If Juzang were to come back UCLA is probably going to ask Bernard to be the 6th man with Peyton Watson being the 5th starter. One of the incentives if you're Bernard is backup minutes at PG to help your chances of some day play in the NBA. He got some backup 1 minutes this year and frankly I'd take a senior Bernard as backup PG over a freshman Simpson.

The key value for Simpson is he plays for Ryan Silvers AAU team so it would be good for Silver to finally deliver a kid to UCLA.

TJ

Reaction score
I'm actually not that high on him he's not really a PG IMO but he would be a good backup. My dream scenario is 2 more years of Tyger, with Dylan Andrews a freshman there Tygers last year. If Simpson can play 4-5 minutes a half at backup PG that would be great I just don't think he's really a PG.

If Juzang were to come back UCLA is probably going to ask Bernard to be the 6th man with Peyton Watson being the 5th starter. One of the incentives if you're Bernard is backup minutes at PG to help your chances of some day play in the NBA. He got some backup 1 minutes this year and frankly I'd take a senior Bernard as backup PG over a freshman Simpson.

The key value for Simpson is he plays for Ryan Silvers AAU team so it would be good for Silver to finally deliver a kid to UCLA.

Sounds like you're gonna get him and you have no other choice but to like him, Russ.

TJ

Reaction score
Quickest coaching search in Arizona history. It’s dunzo

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Quickest coaching search in Arizona history. It’s dunzo
Whoa, Wildcat Authority is saying Simon is scheduled to interview tomorrow, Scheer still in the dark?

Lloyd already putting a staff together. Can he keep JET is the big question.
Man, if he could bring Michaelson with him that would be huge. He played a big part of getting Jalen Suggs to Spokane, hell of a recruiter himself.

TJ

Reaction score
Whoa, Wildcat Authority is saying Simon is scheduled to interview tomorrow, Scheer still in the dark?

Man, if he could bring Michaelson with him that would be huge. He played a big part of getting Jalen Suggs to Spokane, hell of a recruiter himself.

Courtesy interview. Alum are telling Robbins to interview him. To no one’s surprise but our former hoops players are insistent that it be Damon or Miles as the next HC

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Courtesy interview. Alum are telling Robbins to interview him. To no one’s surprise but our former hoops players are insistent that it be Damon or Miles as the next HC

Yeah no idea what's real and what's not but we're hearing on UCLA boards that the UA alum players are mad that UA is making Damon and Miles do interviews when they already have their guy just for show. UCLA went through that with ex players and Earl Watson, it actually apparently played a large role in Josh Morgan picking USC over UCLA when he transferred, the rumor is ex Bruin Kris Johnson actually recommended to Morgan he go to USC because he was mad UCLA didn't hire Watson.

But if you can coach that goes away, Cronin did that quickly and if Lloyd can coach he will too. As always his biggest job will be to re recruit the current roster.

TJ

Reaction score
Yeah no idea what's real and what's not but we're hearing on UCLA boards that the UA alum players are mad that UA is making Damon and Miles do interviews when they already have their guy just for show. UCLA went through that with ex players and Earl Watson, it actually apparently played a large role in Josh Morgan picking USC over UCLA when he transferred, the rumor is ex Bruin Kris Johnson actually recommended to Morgan he go to USC because he was mad UCLA didn't hire Watson.

But if you can coach that goes away, Cronin did that quickly and if Lloyd can coach he will too. As always his biggest job will be to re recruit the current roster.
Which is weird because many are telling Robbins to interview them. Can’t please them all, I guess

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Which is weird because many are telling Robbins to interview them. Can’t please them all, I guess
Well it’s not weird when you consider they’re telling Robbins to interview them for real and not for show. And if it’s perceived as just for show then it’s BS and not really meeting what they are requesting.

TJ

Reaction score
Well it’s not weird when you consider they’re telling Robbins to interview them for real and not for show. And if it’s perceived as just for show then it’s BS and not really meeting what they are requesting.
What if I told you Lebron James was involved in getting Miles Simon an interview?

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Love Miles but he’s not qualified for this job. You need a CBB lifer with serious recruiting pipelines to rebuild this program.

TJ

Reaction score
Love Miles but he’s not qualified for this job. You need a CBB lifer with serious recruiting pipelines to rebuild this program.
Aside from Kerr, who’s obviously in a better place, we have no alum who are qualified to take on Arizona. If Damon can string along some success at Pacific, which would mean competing consistently with Gonzaga, BYU, & St Mary’s in the WCC, along with getting to the tournament, then he’ll be more deserving. That’s a few years away, IMO

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So is Scheer PWI or is the situation really that fluid? He's gone from it's a done deal they're just working out contract details and staff to there's a no deal to there's a mystery candidate.

TJ

Reaction score
So is Scheer PWI or is the situation really that fluid? He's gone from it's a done deal they're just working out contract details and staff to there's a no deal to there's a mystery candidate.

It's a bloody mess. Picture the almost TD run by Daniel Jones last season. That's how the coaching search is going.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's a bloody mess. Picture the almost TD run by Daniel Jones last season. That's how the coaching search is going.

Worked for UCLA they wound up taking option 3 or 4 in Cronin who's been terrific.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose