Sean —> Denver?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Just saw at halftime of titans-jags game that Denver has received permission from saints to speak with Payton. BOO!

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Just saw at halftime of titans-jags game that Denver has received permission from saints to speak with Payton. BOO!
They have the ability to request, because their HC position is open. Cards have to fire Kliff first . You didn't read the article, though, that the NFL said he can't be interviewed in person until Jan 17th.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

LA Redbird

All Star
Reaction score
I really don't think anyone here should even for a second think Payton would come here. This is truly a horrific situation to walk into. The result of the accumulation of a decade of miserable GM decisions.

The best we get out of Payton is the Montana treatment.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I read an article on PFT earlier saying the Cardinals are expected to talk to the Saints soon, just have to fire KK first. It's probably a pipe dream to even think Sean Payton, especially considering the history of ownership with this team but at least I can dream for a few weeks lol. Like others on here are saying, expect Harris/Wilson for GM & VJ as HC. Not much to get hyped up about there.

pemory09

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I read an article on PFT earlier saying the Cardinals are expected to talk to the Saints soon, just have to fire KK first. It's probably a pipe dream to even think Sean Payton, especially considering the history of ownership with this team but at least I can dream for a few weeks lol. Like others on here are saying, expect Harris/Wilson for GM & VJ as HC. Not much to get hyped up about there.
Perhaps it’s more than a dream? Here’s yet another “Payton to the Cardinals” story: https://apple.news/Ajl6ECny8R12siW4pikSSpQ

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
I read an article on PFT earlier saying the Cardinals are expected to talk to the Saints soon, just have to fire KK first. It's probably a pipe dream to even think Sean Payton, especially considering the history of ownership with this team but at least I can dream for a few weeks lol.
my speculation:

why would the Saints expect to hear from the Cards?

because the Cards have already gauged Payton's interest behind the scenes (via his agent or some other third party) and have gotten a thumbs up that Payton is interested --- and the Saints have heard about that

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I think it’s hilarious that Saints fans are begging Kliff to get fired so they can possibly get our top 4 pick for Payton(I’ll be damned if that happens).

I'm hoping to dangle our 1st and maybe a next year 2nd/3rd+, but also get a decent player in return.

If we can get without using this year's 1st, I'm all for it. Wal-Mart has deep pockets and willing to trade whatever to get him.

But if it comes down to it, I just don't see how keeping our 1st round pick and having VJ/KK with newly minted Co-Gm is the better option here. 1st round pick is worth the cost of not having tickets to that circus (putting it mildly) that will set us back years.

That pick will either bust or we will waste their first contract/be let go/traded before their second contract and all we will be left with is "what if." It's not like we get a 1st round pick every year or anything. But I do understand it is premium 1st.

Not every day (or ever really) an established/SB winning coach would want to come here.

Last edited:

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Going to be lots of rumors on where Payton and also Jim Harbaugh are going. The big news will be tomorrow on Black Monday to see who gets fired. Teams still have to follow the Rooney rule on interviewing minority candidates.

OP
OP
Ouchie-Z-Clown

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I'm hoping to dangle our 1st and maybe a next year 2nd/3rd+, but also get a decent player in return.

If we can get without using this year's 1st, I'm all for it. Wal-Mart has deep pockets and willing to trade whatever to get him.

But if it comes down to it, I just don't see how keeping our 1st round pick and having VJ/KK with newly minted Co-Gm is the better option here. 1st round pick is worth the cost of not having tickets to that circus (putting it mildly) that will set us back years.

That pick will either bust or we will waste their first contract/be let go/traded before their second contract and all we will be left with is "what if." It's not like we get a 1st round pick every year or anything. But I do understand it is premium 1st.

Not every day (or ever really) an established/SB winning coach would want to come here.
Man, I get everything you’re saying but you hope to not get a pick this high often and when you do you hope to get homerun outta it. Maybe have to hope Payton is the homerun. I’m squarely on the fence on this years first. But I’d give up next years in a heartbeat.

OP
OP
Ouchie-Z-Clown

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
If I had to give the Saints a 1st round pick it wouldn’t be this year. I don’t think Payton would want to give up his very first top 4 first round pick to start his coaching career here.
This has been on my mind as well. That pick makes us a more attractive destination b

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson