Saw Zaven Collins' presser and just feel bad as a fan

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
The man is young in the league and humble. Yeah, talks about the TD but does not get excited and then talks about not going for big plays when it can also take you out of position and then brings up when he screwed up and puts the blame on himself. Says it has to come to you and Vance has them in the right place, it is up to them to trust that, and removed from the poor DL talent in the interior, Vance is doing all he can with what Keim had given him, and the points Kliff is not achieving is screwing their efforts, but he is not pointing fingers. I just want an NFL coach to give these guys a chance, their talent a chance, because in a few years they will never get this chance back

Last edited:

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Happy for Zaven given the abuse he’s taken here & most fans for most of his career. I was a big supporter & fan of his coming out of Tulsa. I still say Vances schemes don’t take advantage of Zaven & Simmons talents.

I still stick by my thoughts for years about VJ. He’s still a mediocre DC at best! He runs such a poor scheme that allows too many easy plays at the NFL level, plays way too much soft zone, which allows longggg time consuming drives.

Vance & Kliff are too passive in their approach to attack their opponents, which imo doesn’t lead to great success in the win loss column in the NFL. I prefer an aggressive still of football on both sides of the ball.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He’s not where I hoped he’d be when we drafted him, but you can see the light starting to come on more and more.

Which is all I can sadly ask for with this relatively wretched defensive coaching staff teaching him, especially Billy Davis.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I love Zaven, plays his ass off, he screws up like every player but he's a rookie & will get better. It's so frustrating though, when the defense keeps us in games, the offense can't score, when the offense scores & the defense needs a stop it doesn't happen so we lose once again. VJ does well with what Keim gave him to work with but there's no excuses, none whatsoever for not being able to defend the one play his defense sucks at. None other than that bootleg rollout. Watch how many times the Rams burn us on that play Sunday. The Rams burned us with it for years with Goff, the Lions even used it with Goff & torched his defense. Stafford burns us with it. Shane Waldron (OC for Seattle) came from the Rams & we still can't stop it.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
but there's no excuses, none whatsoever for not being able to defend the one play his defense sucks at. None other than that bootleg rollout. Watch how many times the Rams burn us on that play Sunday. The Rams burned us with it for years with Goff, the Lions even used it with Goff & torched his defense. Stafford burns us with it. Shane Waldron (OC for Seattle) came from the Rams & we still can't stop it.
A definite indictment of Joseph & his poor schemes regardless of who’s on the field. We change OLBs & ILBs & VJ still has no answer for it!!! Piss poor coaching

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We actually signed Jordan as a free agent after he won a super bowl with the Eagles in 2018. Get you facts together troll.
Actually, we signed him after he blew out his Achilles in 2017, didn’t play the rest of 2017 when the Eagles did t skip a beat and won the Super Bowl without him, then never looked the same in 2018. And then the Eagles happily let him go and as usual, Keim threw a big contract after some other team’s leftovers.

He was just like that other damaged goods Eagles LBer Stewart, who’s body had broken down by the time we threw a ton of money at back in the Graves days.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I love Zaven, plays his ass off, he screws up like every player but he's a rookie & will get better. It's so frustrating though, when the defense keeps us in games, the offense can't score, when the offense scores & the defense needs a stop it doesn't happen so we lose once again. VJ does well with what Keim gave him to work with but there's no excuses, none whatsoever for not being able to defend the one play his defense sucks at. None other than that bootleg rollout. Watch how many times the Rams burn us on that play Sunday. The Rams burned us with it for years with Goff, the Lions even used it with Goff & torched his defense. Stafford burns us with it. Shane Waldron (OC for Seattle) came from the Rams & we still can't stop it.
Uh not a rookie

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I'm happy that he is FINALLY getting playing time. Maybe he would have made plays like that LAST YEAR.

One of my biggest gripes with this coaching staff is who and when they play players. AJ Green should see zero snaps. Robbie Anderson shouldn't play much after last week either. Cameron Thomas should be getting the bulk of snaps at OLB (or on the DL where he actually belongs).

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We actually signed Jordan as a free agent after he won a super bowl with the Eagles in 2018. Get you facts together troll.
Follow the rules. Banned.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
even funnier in that post is he tells the poster to "get his facts together"... when we signed Hicks in 2018, a full year after the Super Bowl he "won" and didn't even play in.
Right?

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I like Zaven way more than Isaiah going forward.

If we’re able to get the right LB coach, his instincts are improving & athleticism is already good, he just doesn’t know how to use his arms.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I like Zaven way more than Isaiah going forward.

If we’re able to get the right LB coach, his instincts are improving & athleticism is already good, he just doesn’t know how to use his arms.
Totally agree with you on him using his arms wrong. We all know Bill Davis isn't a good LB coach. The VJ defense is also complicated which could be holding them both back?

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I feel bad for all of the guys on the defense. Especially vets like Budda who sacrifice their bodies every week. The offense just isn't holding up their end of the bargain.
Uh, neither is the defense. They suck out loud most of the time. This team's record is truly a team effort.