Saffold fails physical

Jim Otis

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Is there any chance that those Raiders could merge with the Cleveland Browns , and together they could become an NFL Franchise ????

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Saffold just signed a 5 year contract with the rams per schefter

So for the rams he is healthy
Probably is just an excuse to not pay to an injury prone a big contract like that.
They recognized that wasnt a good deal

Last edited:

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
This is hilarious... the Raiders are pure entertainment and we have not even had the draft yet lol

Yeah I'm waiting to hear the commish say "and the Raiders with the 5th pick in the 2014 draft select, QB Jamarcus Russell".;)

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Somebody in that organization said HELL NO

Way to go Raiders

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you had any doubt the Raiders are the new Cardinals..... remove them immediately.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Somebody in that organization said HELL NO

Way to go Raiders

Even so, it's a horrible move by their front office. Is any free agent out there going to rush to sign with them when they know the deal can be yanked after the handshake?

Even Rod Graves knows better than that.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Even so, it's a horrible move by their front office. Is any free agent out there going to rush to sign with them when they know the deal can be yanked after the handshake?

Even Rod Graves knows better than that.

If true, their FO loses a ton of credibility with agents.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Apparently all he needed was shoulder surgery, would have been ready by training camp, and the owner, a Davis, pulled the plug on the deal. Nuts! Who runs a business like this?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap20...ffold-fails-raiders-physical-will-rejoin-rams

Well, and then you have RAiders employees saying this...

"One of the worst days of my life as a professional," one Raiders source told NFL Media columnist Michael Silver.

It's one thing to whiff on a free agent. But, the NFL is a deal making business, and the absolutely worst thing that could happen to you is having players and agents wanting to make deals with you only as a last resort. I know we all remember well the dark days of when the Cards would make offers, and twist, and twist, only to see that player sign elsewhere for the same or even less money. It didn't change until the Bidwill family got out of approving the deals, and even then it took time to recover.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With all the bad signings & contracts he was part of, I strongly disagree! :p

There are always bad signings and contracts for every franchise. But, this is a whole other level of incompetence.... It's one thing to make bad deals, it's another to make agents never want to deal with you again.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Not only did the Duhs lose one of their top offensive players in JV when they should've franchised him, now they have a gaping hole at OT & were probably gonna draft a QB or a big time OLB in Mack or Barr.

The dumb get dumber & the "Black Hole" gets darker & deeper :)

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave