Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i heard RW practiced so well today he is now #1 on the depth chart

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
i heard RW practiced so well today he is now #1 on the depth chart
I also heard Matt Leenart had such an astonishing private workout today for Thesmel that the Cards are going to sign Matty to a 7 yr contract & cut Carson Palmer before Sat nights Charger game, just to show Wiz he was the problem not the players!!! ;)

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
IMO it's too late for #34...he's just not reliable!

What's he back for, 2 qtrs? 2 games? 4 games? Chances are more likely he's an ex Cardinal in 10 days or less. Unless RW runs for 100+ yards in a game this weekend or next, he's toast IMO.

If Williams has anything in the tank, he's better than Alfonso Smith.

cardinalsfan

Veteran
Reaction score
anyone at training camp?

I went but they were in shorts and going about 3/4 speed. It wasn't all that exciting. When watching Williams he wasn't doing much cutting and taking it pretty easy. Don't how much of that is fear or what but the other backs looked much better and at least got up top speed at times.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Problem is, his tank has ALWAYS been empty! Cut bait

You can't play from the training or rehab room.

Then let's get some competition for Smith. I'm not satisfied with Smith being the 4th RB.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I went but they were in shorts and going about 3/4 speed. It wasn't all that exciting. When watching Williams he wasn't doing much cutting and taking it pretty easy. Don't how much of that is fear or what but the other backs looked much better and at least got up top speed at times.

He says that he's ready to go Saturday.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
I'll be very interested to see if he can stand out over the last two games. Obviously he can't answer the durability questions in 2 preseason games, and definitely seems like I'm in the minority here, but if he shows something special during the last two preseason games I think he'd be worth the #4 RB slot over someone like A. Smith.

Capital Card

The Kobayashi of Kool-Aid
Reaction score
Here is what I don't get about RW...

Last year, he went out with a SHOULDER injury, meaning he's been rehabbing the knee for close to TWO years now. If he had a flare up when training camp opened... what makes anyone (myself included) think that he'll hold up for even a quarter of the season after only two - three weeks rest?

I'm probably one of his biggest fans (which doesn't say much on this site) but at this point, I'm putting him down in the Wadsworth category. Great talent that we never go to explore due to early injury rookie year.

Disappointing.

On the plus side, I really think Cooper and Levi will make a somewhat formidable run blocking tandem on the left side of the O-Line. Maybe the best we've ever had in Arizona. I am hopeful this will play well for the two rookies this year.

Go Cards!!!

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
damn...I don't think Williams will ever really recover from that injury, but you guys are brutal!

This...

I think he won't recover mentally. His confidence has been shattered.

But he has had some very bad luck. I would be thrilled if he turned it around and was a solid player. Don't see it happening.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I will be pulling for him for sure. Can't get too excited though as I haven't been impressed with what I have seen from him.

Would hope we could come up with someone better than A. Smith if RW does indeed wash out.

AntSports Steve

Cardinals Future GM
Reaction score
If I am GM, I'm worried. I do not think he has the desire to be a NFL RB.

If he plays either this week or next and gets injured, he would have to go on IR and the Cards will have to pay him for the entire year. The Cards could try to reach an injury settlement, but the players that actually take the IR settlement are players who still think they can play and catch on with a new team. I do not see that happening with RW, so he will not accept an IR settlement and instead collect IR for the entire year and be out of football.

He practiced today, the doctors have cleared him. He seems healthy. I say you cut him today and be done with it.

It may be harsh, but football is a business.

NashDishesDimes

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I dont get the negativity. Would anyone really rather have Alphanso Smith over Ryan Williams? Even if RW is toast, Alphonso wont get signed. The Cards can always scoop him up as they have done the last 5 years.

If RW didnt take a snap this preseason id rather have him on the roster than Alphonso. The cieling for RW is a top back. The floor for RW is he cant get over injuries and Cards release him next year. Ill take those chances all day.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
One thing if we cut RW and Smith is that you can wait for other teams' final cuts and pick up someone. Since we have three other RB's, there would be no need to rush the newbie onto the field, and he'd have time to fit in. JMO.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One thing if we cut RW and Smith is that you can wait for other teams' final cuts and pick up someone. Since we have three other RB's, there would be no need to rush the newbie onto the field, and he'd have time to fit in. JMO.
This.

I have nothing against RW, but if he can't stay healthy we need to bring in someone else. Not sold on Smith.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Good luck RW! It takes an incredible talent to overcome the Cards jinx of RB's drafted in the second round.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
I guess I am the only one that is more interested that Jeff King saw the field today as well ?

I mean, Jeff King could actually help this team in the future.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess I am the only one that is more interested that Jeff King saw the field today as well ?

I mean, Jeff King could actually help this team in the future.
Really? Has he helped in the past? Not kidding, can't remember.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Really? Has he helped in the past? Not kidding, can't remember.

He is no Walter Reeves, but he has been know to help out from time to time:

You must be registered for see images attach

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Pretty substantial for Ryan Williams to man up for a non-contact walkthrough.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Can't remember if this link was posted.
http://blog.azcardinals.com/author/darrenurban/

I for one don't believe the part where Ryan had already decided to partake in practice and Keim was just giving him a pep talk. I believe the pep talk was "Dude, quit babying your knee or I will cut your A$$".

I say that as one of the few RW fans and hoping he breaks the Cards 2nd rd RB jinx identified by Duckjake.