Russell Davis Reviews Pirates of the Caribbean

Metal Militia

Veteran
Reaction score
http://azcardinals.com/fanzone/critic.php?showreview=30

Russell Davis Reviews Pirates of the Caribbean

You must be registered for see images

Starring Johnny Depp, Geoffrey Rush, Orlando Bloom, Keira Knightley, Jonathan Pryce
Directed by Gore Verbinski
Studio/Distributed by Buena Vista Pictures
Rating PG-13

Russell’s Summary

This film begins on a ship in the middle of the ocean carrying a little girl named Elizabeth Swan and her father, the Governor of Port Royal. While on the boat the little girl sees a little boy unconscious lying on a piece of debris from a ship that was just attacked by pirates. The boy is rescued and Elizabeth is asked to stay with him while the others check out the remains of the attacked ship. The little boy gains consciousness enough to tell Elizabeth his name, Will Turner. While Will loses consciousness again, Elizabeth sees a gold medallion around his neck that has the mark of pirates on it. Elizabeth takes the medallion and still has it eight years later. As adults, Will and Elizabeth harbor secret crushes for each other, not knowing how the other feels. However, a relationship with each other is out of the question, with Will being a poor blacksmith and Elizabeth being the Governor’s daughter, who is destined to marry Port Royal’s commodore.

Elizabeth accidentally falls into the ocean while wearing the medallion she took from Will. Later that night, Port Royal is attacked by ghost pirates from the ship, the Black Pearl, and Elizabeth is kidnapped. Will, with the help of Captain Jack Sparrow, a famous pirate who he frees from jail, embark on a journey to get Elizabeth back from the pirates and to end their treachery.

Russell’s Take

This was a highly entertaining film with absolutely no dull moments. I was surprised at how many funny scenes this film had, considering I thought it would be pretty much an action film. The plot to this movie was both original and entertaining. Viewers of the movie will also appreciate the underlying stories surrounding Will and Jack Sparrow.

Russell’s Rating: Touchdown

I went to see this movie with my wife and we both found it extremely entertaining and would definitely recommend it to others, thus the Touchdown rating.

Ratings System:
Touchdown - RUSH out and go see this movie
Field Goal - BLOCK out a few bad scenes and enjoy
Time Out - TACKLE this one at your own risk
Fumble - PASS on this one

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Good Guy Movie

A good date movie.

Guys will like it because it is wise-@ss humor and pretty good action.

Girls like it cause of all the "pretty" men.

pretty men = guys like Cardinals Ken and myself

I say go see it. I thought it was a pretty good flick. And it was worth the $7.00.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you guys know that there are only 2 of the stadium style theaters in the Cleveland area whichs makes it hard to see a new movie the first weekend since you have to wait in lines for a couple of hours at times. Unless you play hookie and go on a Friday morning or somthing.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard