Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
4th in YPC (5.0).
5th in YDS (1,085).
9th in TD (9).
5th in 20+ rushes (8).
Only lost 1 fumble.

Alot of discussion earlier this year when KK was hired regarding the passing game. But this has been the biggest surprise for me and a major leap forward from last season.

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I don't recall them ever mentioning Kugler last night. Not even once. Did they, and I missed it?

However, they did mention and show, the Niners line coach multiple times. Much more than expected. I kept hoping they would speak about our O line coach, but never heard it. smh

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I don't recall them ever mentioning Kugler last night. Not even once. Did they, and I missed it?

However, they did mention and show, the Niners line coach multiple times. Much more than expected. I kept hoping they would speak about our O line coach, but never heard it. smh
Easy explanation. One team is 8-0 & the other is 3-5-1. 8-0 will get your assistant trainers talked about, 3-5-1, not so much lol.

Bkbobo

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Also have to give credit to Saxon the RB coach. I think we got some good coaches on the offense side.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
It’s the offensive play design. It’s actually harder to defend the run against this offense. They spread out the line and the multiple receiver sets and patterns makes it difficult for the LBs to plug holes. The line doesn’t have to hold blocks. Momentary contact is enough to let runners like Drake & Edmonds get through a small hole before it closes. That’s why they look better than they would with a more traditional offense because they hit the hole quickly with burst. However, those same line deficiencies are what disrupts the passing game. If they can just fix the line they should put even more points on the board.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
#fixthetrenches is my battle cry for this offseason. Draft two Oline men and add one pricey one in FA.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson