Rounds 1 & 2

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
How would you feel if the Cards went all in on improving the offense early in the draft?

Specifically how would you feel if they took Ceedee Lamb Rd 1 & J.K. Dobbins or Jonathan Taylor Rd 2 (letting Drake walk)?

I think I’d be ok with this strategy, assuming Isiah Simmons, Derrick Brown & Okudah are not there at #8.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I'm fine with offense as long as one of those names is an offensive lineman. This team is never going to get anywhere if we don't upgrade the offensive line at some point. The longer we let it be manned by "coached up" castoffs, the closer we tick to Kyler getting destroyed.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I think we need an O-Lineman with one of our first two picks. And maybe even both.

Simmons
Biadasz/Muti/Jackson etc....

Hell, Wirfs/Ruiz would be nuts on the right side.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If all those guys are gone take the best offensive lineman on the board bottom line. Gotta improve in the trenches

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How about Wirfs, Dobbins one/two? But we need a big wr.

Everbody still regrets we didn’t take Metcalf. Big , fast did not run a great tree route who is only going to get better.

Pittman or even better, Claypool. He is 6’4, 230 and ran a 4.48. Giant wingspan but hasn’t been asked to run all the routes. Huge target for Kyler. Imagine if Butler develops. Imagine the red zone mismatches we could create.

Butler, Claypool, Arnold and Fitz.

Of course this means we would be going all offense with our first 3 picks. We would really have to attack the defensive side of the ball in free agency.

So the idea to this approach would be to build a juggernaut offense and hope the defense improves with what we add in free agency. Adding to the o-line, and a young inexpensive rookie RB and a big wr.

Me likely.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Ideally you want to draft an offensive lineman, the argument against comes from the failure of this team's scouting department to draft them.

In thia draft, all I want is for the Cardinals to not get too cute.

There is going to be a difference maker at #8. Make the boring pick, and go home knowing you have a top prospect with skills proven against the best competition that was available for them to play against.

No small school players.

No risers that "came out of no where".

No reaches.

Sent from my mystical communication warp drive device thingy

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
I'd like:

Rd 1: CeeDee Lamb
Rd 2: Caesar Ruiz

my problem with that

I think the Cards need a tackle in this draft, and, getting one a #40 is only possible because of the depth in this years draft

around the league: highly rated interior linemen are just as likely to come from rd 3 and later as rounds 1&2

id sign up for your second take

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If not that:

Rd 1: Wirfs
Rd 2: Aiyuk
Keims has a tough decision. There is not one skilled player other than Kyler that strikes fear in the opposing defense. When they face us they can double Fitz. Who’s left? Kirk? Does he REALLY strike fear?

A guy like Lamb would do just that. Defenses would have to plan on stopping him. That puts the #2 cb on Kirk or Fitz and puts the nickel on Kirk or Fitz.

Lamb all by himself would create a mismatch for the other WR’s. Without being the primary target he would tie up two defenders. He is a player that would make players around him better.

Last edited:

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Keims has a tough decision. There is not one skilled player other than Kyler that strikes fear in the opposing defense. When they face us they can double Fitz. Who’s left? Kirk? Does he REALLY strike fear?

A guy like Lamb would do just that. Defenses would have to plan on stopping him. That puts the #2 qb on Kirk or Fitz and puts the nickel on Kirk or Fitz.

Lamb all by himself would create a mismatch for the other WR’s. Without being the primary target he would tie up two defenders. He is a player that would make players around him better.

How often do rookie receivers that skinny without elite speed flash right away? He has the ball skills of a guy like Hopkins but he’s nowhere near as strong.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
There are too many 2nd round WR's to give up the opportunity for an elite player at another position at pick #8.

I love Lamb....but I think that in the 2nd round we might have our choice of Shenault or Pittman or Mims, and in the 3rd we might have a shot at someone like Claypool.

The other spots we will be in a position to draft at #8 see a much bigger dropoff in round 2 than WR.

Young, Simmons, Brown, and Okudah IMO have the biggest drop off between themselves and the next guy at that position.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I think it's super foolish to go RB in round 2. Drake or not...... we will find a guy like Brieda to pair with DJ.

Can't waste that capital when we need to fix both lines and our linebacking corps.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We have to look a little down the road. Hopkins did not set the world on fire in his rookie year but he sure the hell has blossomed.
And he wasn't as fast as him
457 versus 450
I think it's super foolish to go RB in round 2. Drake or not...... we will find a guy like Brieda to pair with DJ.

Can't waste that capital when we need to fix both lines and our linebacking corps.

Do u remember Ryan Williams?
Even drake was selected later in the draft

pinetopred

Registered
Reaction score

Unfortunately I'm not sure Keim will think both lines need to be fixed I think he would be ok going into next year with this years oline hope I'm wrong but the way things may go we will in the best spot to draft the best o-lineman and pass on him to try and fill a defensive need

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
It’s not foolish to go RB in round 2 depending who’s there. Two or three years ago Jonathon Taylor goes top-15 like Gurley, Elliott, Gordon and Fournette. Everyone just hates RB’s now. Dobbins in the third would be insane.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson