Robert Sarver is in Big Trouble (ANNOUNCES SALE PROCESS)

Austin Zonie

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I don't think it's crazy to think that if Sarver is not removed by the start of the season that players (Suns and opposing teams) would refuse to play. That needs to happen if he's not out prior.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
change.org could be start to petition Sarver out

Also Paypal, nba league pass, and Ballys might be good people to write too.

FootPrint, well they sponsor the arena which is host to other events other than the Sun, so i think you'd be barking up the wrong tree there.

Silver messed up big time, i didn't know certain forms of mistreatment were allowable.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
change.org could be start to petition Sarver out

Also Paypal, nba league pass, and Ballys might be good people to write too.

FootPrint, well they sponsor the arena which is host to other events other than the Sun, so i think you'd be barking up the wrong tree there.

Silver messed up big time, i didn't know certain forms of mistreatment were allowable.
Maybe not. I think Sarver's days are numbered, Robert will be out in short order and Silver plus the other owners won't be stuck in perpetual litigation as a result.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can't fathom that the minority owners of the Suns partnership... who really are a vast majority, just by the way... can't grasp (or at least to this point, apparently) how much of a negative impact keeping Sarver around has to the current AND long term reputation and success of the franchise.

Even if they have no moral stance on his behavior, he absolutely IS impacting their collective bottom line. It's mind boggling to me that they aren't at the very least responding to this on even that very primary level.

I have little doubt, regardless of how they each personally feel about the events that transpired, that they are monitoring very closely the early ticket sales, season tickets holder's, and advertiser's reactions to this news. They will ultimately determine their next course of action by weighting those metrics.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They should have put the report out without announcing the punishment, or just flat out leaked it, then let the heat build, let the media and players speculate that he would be forced to sell, let sponsors rattle their sabres, make the end result a fait accompli... then hold Sarver to the flame.

We agree the Suns partnership speaking out in unison with the release of the NBA findings and punishment gave the appearance the matter was already resolved.

I would have preferred the Suns partnership announced their decision after deliberating the findings along with sponsor, player and public input.

Last edited:

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I have little doubt, regardless of how they each personally feel about the events that transpired, that they are monitoring very closely the early ticket sales, season tickets holder's, and advertiser's reactions to this news. They will ultimately determine their next course of action by weighting those metrics.
Yep. That's why they've individually kept quiet.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Which should have told the nba all they needed to understand to realize he’s not in the least bit remorseful and won’t learn a damn thing.

I feel like the NBA came up short on the punishment phase after such a long investigation.

It's almost like they are punting the final decision to the players, ownership and sponsors.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I feel like the NBA came up short on the punishment phase after such a long investigation.

It's almost like they are punting the final decision to the players, ownership and sponsors.
Exactly what I said earlier. Honestly, if you knew how much money I spent going to games last year taking the family, merch buys and BEER sales at the games alone?? ;)

I am not spending on dime on the Suns this season. Going to focus my sports dollars on the Cards this year as painful as that might be the way the season started. LOL.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Adam Silver seemed to stress this was the same law firm that handled the Donald Sterling matter and that he had access to information that was not available to the public which put a nuance on this matter that others may not see.
If true, wouldn’t they want THAT nuance out there to mitigate this disaster? I call BS. There’s no context that makes this okay.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
that is such a horse-manure response (Silver's, not yours). if there's something exculpatory to separate the two, wouldn't Sarver, the guy getting trashed, WANT that info out there? Alluding to "secret evidence" but not being able to tell anyone what it is is a freaking joke.
Borg

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Dude can’t hold a position in the NBA ever again
GOOD ON CHRIS PAUL!!!

Big balls Paul - just in a different way. I’m proud of him.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
THAT is a strong statement. Players need to do something in-season.

Well, training camp and preseason are just around the corner, although something in-season would speak louder.

However, this needs to build momentum while it's in the spotlight. I want it resolved earlier rather than later.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Y'all know that Chris Paul was President of the Players Association for eight years, right? It's good for him to speak out, but it's also consistent with what he's done his whole career, and frankly it would have been a huge surprise if he'd stayed silent. Whatever his failings on the court, he's never shied away from taking a stand, and he understands the influence that huge professional sports leagues have in the public discourse.

Expecting Booker to step up similarly is asking him to show a perspective and humility that, so far, hasn't been part of what makes him tick.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If true, wouldn’t they want THAT nuance out there to mitigate this disaster? I call BS. There’s no context that makes this okay.
This "nuance" is total B.S. The guys on the radio were talking about this this morning. They were saying the "nuance" that Silver was referring to was the "context" in which the "N" word was being used. Uh....that DOESN'T MAKE IT OK. What a crock. Also, Silver is a shill. He completely skipped over Sarver exposing himself, harassment of women and indicated owners have different "Rights" verses employees.

All B.S. I have held two officer positions (including my current) job at fortune 50 companies. I can tell you if I, any board member, CEO or any other high up did what Sarver did? They would be canned or in the corporate world "resigned for family reasons".

Completely and total cowardice by the NBA.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The discussion belongs on another forum, but I don't think the "N" word should be used by anyone, regardless of race.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The discussion belongs on another forum, but I don't think the "N" word should be used by anyone, regardless of race.
I disagree. It's pertinent to Sports. Unfortunately, there is going to be crossover on subjects like these. The only reason this would be on another forum is if people were debating the merits of using the "N" word, debating if something is actually sexual harassment or something like that. That's not the type of discussion going on here. Nobody is debating the merits or social impacts of what is going on. We are specifically talking about actions taken by Sarver and the impacts to the Suns and league.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I disagree. It's pertinent to Sports. Unfortunately, there is going to be crossover on subjects like these. The only reason this would be on another forum is if people were debating the merits of using the "N" word, debating if something is actually sexual harassment or something like that. That's not the type of discussion going on here. Nobody is debating the merits or social impacts of what is going ton. We are specifically talking about actions taken by Sarver and the impacts to the Suns and league.

We can agree to disagree. I'm not going to discuss it here.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm still mad at Jerry Colangelo for not vetting Sarver better! He transitioned us to this POS.
I still find several things weird about that transaction. I mean Jerry indicated at the time he wanted out of sports. Then he subsequently took positions and did things to keep him in sports to this very day. I think he wanted to cash out and didn't matter who he sold to. It was about how much he could get which in a way I don't blame him. The league is supposed to vet and approve the owners so I don't put a ton of that on Jerry.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

It's very subtle, Gabrielle. In the past, he would have dropped his trousers too. And can I just say I'm glad the Union finally said something.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I still find several things weird about that transaction. I mean Jerry indicated at the time he wanted out of sports. Then he subsequently took positions and did things to keep him in sports to this very day. I think he wanted to cash out and didn't matter who he sold to. It was about how much he could get which in a way I don't blame him. The league is supposed to vet and approve the owners so I don't put a ton of that on Jerry.
I don’t recall him saying he wanted out of sports. He sold the Suns because of all the debt built up with the Diamondbacks, then the Diamondbacks co-owners forced him out during the rebuild.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Expecting Booker to step up similarly is asking him to show a perspective and humility that, so far, hasn't been part of what makes him tick.
That's pretty tough...Booker is in a completely different position/stage than CP3.