Robert Sarver is in Big Trouble (ANNOUNCES SALE PROCESS)

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just like that, the narrative has changed. Of course, finding a new owner will be of utmost importance.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sarver is a classic narcissist. He probably cannot honestly fathom that 18 years of chances was enough and he blew it. To say that the climate is unforgiving is hilariously void of any self-reflection on his part.

I really just want a good owner but honestly? I think it would go a long way if the new owner or majority owner is a person of color. I think it would be the fastest way to recover the teams reputation. A woman owner would be awesome too.

I am listening now but the one thing that is unclear is how this works. Is he just selling his ownership stake or does his contract allow him to sell off the entire state and split the profits with the existing owners. They are talking about that now. They are saying that if an owner with deep pockets wants to buy the team outright, they may not want an ownership group or may want to form their own. Nobody seems sure how this works.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow. Herm gone...Sarver gone...what a great week! Wasn't Bob Iger intrested in buying the suns at one point? A billionaire owner would be absolutely amazing for this franchise. These are exciting times!
Oh my lord… Bob Iger would be a damn fantasy dream!

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is up there for me with Bidwill Senior turning over the reins to his son.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Now, hopefully we can all look forward to media day and training camp without this being a major distraction.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Now, hopefully we can all look forward to media day and training camp without this being a major distraction.
It will be better but now a ton of questions will come up about who they would like to see buy the team.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Christmas has arrived early! I hope they get an owner who players want to play for. A guy who is in it to win and not just to make money.

NashDishesDimes

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Apparently he only owns 1/3. I wonder if its better to have 1 super rich owner then dilluted shares like that when youre hoping for some salary tax…

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
CONFIRMED! He did paint himself as a victim. :barf:

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Delighted to hear the news. LOL at Sarver's victimhood. Poor guy just never got the break he needed. :rolleyes:

Umm, any chance Alex Meruelo can raise the cash for this? Suns and Yotes back together again? So many questions.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How the Suns are sold will be something to watch.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Umm, any chance Alex Meruelo can raise the cash for this? Suns and Yotes back together again? So many questions.
Lol, my guess is the Suns can scrape up about 100 options before they'd even consider Meruelo.