Robert Sarver is in Big Trouble (ANNOUNCES SALE PROCESS)

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Donald Sterling made Elgin Baylor his GM for years snd hired Doc Rivers to be his coach. Yet, he was still known to be a massive racist prior to those moves.

waving racist claims against Sarver because he’s made hires from the Black community is naive, IMO.
Yep....he could be making the moves.....because he is a racist!

The belief that black people will only listen to black people...is kind of a patronizing view and was one the article actually said.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Again, who are the “many?” We have no idea if it’s just two more people. You’re buying into the “70 people interviewed” as being “70 people told terrible stories or corroborated terrible stories.” Not the same thing. And journalists use that tactic purposefully. They wrote the story. They could phrase that however they want. Do you think “interviewed” wasn’t purposefully used for some reason? It’s because they don’t have 70 people saying bad stuff but they did talk to 70 people. It’s a device meant to mislead. And it’s worked.

That said, if it’s 20 people it’s tough for sarver to squirm out from under. As that number decreases, absent the smoking gun, sarvers survival chances increase.
Holy crap, who gives a rat's ass if it's 70, 20, or 10. You're arguing around the margins of the argument, not the actual meat of the argument.

I think it's funny that in the article, he posted some of Sarver's responses to some of the accusations and he confirmed some of those events DID happen.

I'm not going to speculate on whether this takes the guy down or not, but it probably should, unless it is an absolutely unprecedented, never seen before plot to take the guy down.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Donald Sterling made Elgin Baylor his GM for years snd hired Doc Rivers to be his coach. Yet, he was still known to be a massive racist prior to those moves.

waving racist claims against Sarver because he’s made hires from the Black community is naive, IMO.

No one is excusing Sarver if he used inappropriate language or if something else emerges regarding race. All I'm saying is his behavior (at least what we know so far) doesn't support this type of mentality. I do agree with @Krangthebrain that it appears that Sarver wants to be a part of the team(s) culture.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
The goat story means that Sarver doesn't respect boundaries, which lends credence to the idea that he wouldn't respect other boundaries.
Agreed. But unfortunately it doesn’t prove it either. Someone can certainly be racists and not misogynistic. It’s not always all or none.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Anybody that thinks that the ESPN legal team lets this story fly without corroboration is crazy. No way. No way they do this without documented evidence. Now that isn't to say that the article isn't sensationalized but I simply can't see ESPN letting this thing fly if it was simply one or two people making all the accusations with zero corroboration.

Oh...and just because ESPN didn't name all the people that made statements doesn't mean they are anonymous. Simply means they were not all named. I wouldn't expect a list of 70 people to be released either. It would jeopardize any follow-up investigation and make everyone named targets.
Be careful the words you’re throwing around. We’ve seen zero “documented evidence.” And I think it’s fair to say if any existed we’d have likely seen it at this juncture.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Be careful the words you’re throwing around. We’ve seen zero “documented evidence.” And I think it’s fair to say if any existed we’d have likely seen it at this juncture.
The tape of the roast is out there bro. And Sarver ADMITS to some it from official statements!

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Holy crap, who gives a rat's ass if it's 70, 20, or 10. You're arguing around the margins of the argument, not the actual meat of the argument.

I think it's funny that in the article, he posted some of Sarver's responses to some of the accusations and he confirmed some of those events DID happen.

I'm not going to speculate on whether this takes the guy down or not, but it probably should, unless it is an absolutely unprecedented, never seen before plot to take the guy down.
Then I think we are arguing two different things. You seem to be arguing he’s a POS. No one is arguing the opposite of you. I’m arguing the number may be dispositive as to whether he’s forced out or not and we don’t know the number. 6 people who are witness with questionable levels of credibility likely doesn’t do it. 20 people who have a mix of levels of credibility likely does. What’s so difficult to understand about that?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
The tape of the roast is out there bro. And Sarver ADMITS to some it from official statements!
True, I just learned of tape and his admission falls into that category. Valid points. That said, and I could be wrong, but I don’t think that’s what he was referring to. But still valid points.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Agreed. But unfortunately it doesn’t prove it either. Someone can certainly be racists and not misogynistic. It’s not always all or none.
No but you as a lawyer, and from my background in intelligence, we both know that it creates the circumstantial evidence that Sarver doesn't understand what's appropriate, which the article says a few times over.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
No but you as a lawyer, and from my background in intelligence, we both know that it creates the circumstantial evidence that Sarver doesn't understand what's appropriate, which the article says a few times over.
For sure. Heck his chicken dance was I ever needed to see to know he was a buffoon who lacked judgment.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Then I think we are arguing two different things. You seem to be arguing he’s a POS. No one is arguing the opposite of you. I’m arguing the number may be dispositive as to whether he’s forced out or not and we don’t know the number. 6 people who are witness with questionable levels of credibility likely doesn’t do it. 20 people who have a mix of levels of credibility likely does. What’s so difficult to understand about that?
And now both sides would be arguing on something completely speculative. Only Holmes at this point can really tell us.

But I doubt a media outlet would conjure this story out of thin air. ESPN lives and dies with their relationships with sports leagues and individual teams. They would bury this story if it was based on the opinions of 6 people. I think this is a pretty weak take to suggest it could be that few.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I don't think Sarver is racist at least certainly not now. He may have used inappropriate language expressing a point but his behavior as far as I know doesn't support it.

As an example, I believe he pushed for Earl Watkins to get the head coaching job with the Suns. Also hiring James Jones as GM and Monty Williams as head coach doesn't support it either. The Suns have had a number of black coaches. Additionally the Los Suns jerseys have been around for a decade.

If anything brings Sarver down as the Suns owner, I don't think race will be a major contributing factor.

I believe his stance on SB-1070 would be a better indicator because it had nothing to do with the team. Hypothetically a person could be racist and hire the best person for the job regardless of race because it’s best for business.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I believe his stance on SB-1070 would be a better indicator because it had nothing to do with the team. Hypothetically a person could be racist and hire the best person for the job regardless of race because it’s best for business.
Agreed.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is not a lot of new information regarding the NBA investigation from Jason Rowley.

He says the Suns welcome the NBA investigation and will fully cooperate.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
There is not a lot of new information regarding the NBA investigation from Jason Rowley.

He says the Suns welcome the NBA investigation and will fully cooperate.
What I fear is that the organization has a lot of Sarver-like people, so that's why we are hearing people defend him so much.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What I fear is that the organization has a lot of Sarver-like people, so that's why we are hearing people defend him so much.
Well there would have to be some Sarver-like people there if the stories about HR have any validity. Fortunately that should all come out in the investigation.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I think Robert Sarver has some good qualities and that's why so many people like and defend him. He probably has an abrasive side to him as well which rubs people the wrong way especially when they leave the organization under less than favorable circumstances.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think Robert Sarver has some good qualities and that's why so many people like and defend him. He probably has an abrasive side to him as well which rubs people the wrong way especially when they leave the organization under less than favorable circumstances.
What are these good qualities you believe Sarver possesses?

And who are all these people that like and defend him... besides the people who’s checks he signs?

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Well if he's a POS cause he talks about boobs and hummers well 90% of the male population is canceled too
Granted he's the owner and has maybe said more inappropriate things ....I don't know...I'm just amazed on how this world has changed in 10yrs some good some bad

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What are these good qualities you believe Sarver possesses?

And who are all these people that like and defend him... besides the people who’s checks he signs?

I'm not going to be tasked with pointing out Sarver's good qualities although I'm sure he has some.

Lon Babby and Steve Kerr have given their insight into the situation. They are no longer on the payroll.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well if he's a POS cause he talks about boobs and hummers well 90% of the male population is canceled too
Granted he's the owner and has maybe said more inappropriate things ....I don't know...I'm just amazed on how this world has changed in 10yrs some good some bad

he's a piece of crap because he's making sexually demeaning comments about his female employees. You think it's okay for a boss saying an group of female employees got plowed by some other dude in the office... or if your boss commented on the size your secretaries "tits"?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn