RIP, Tom Petty.

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He was one of the greats. Easily one of my favorites. Am fortunate enough to have seen him, gosh, probably 12 years or so ago. Rest in peace, sir, and thank you for the awesome tunes.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I know nobody has ever said this before, but remember the film The Postman? I always liked Tom Petty's cameo in that.

It's post apocalypse and Petty is interacting with Costners character and KC recognizes him and says; I know you, you're famous! And Tom Petty looks knowingly and says; "yeah I was once,,, sorta, kinda I guess..." or something like that. :)

I just thought it was a cool little scene to show that we're all human beings and celebrity status means absolutely nothing in reality, and I always thought Tom Petty was the perfect person to deliver that message.

RIP My dude....

Last edited:

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rest in Peace Tom Petty.

You will be missed.

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know nobody has ever said this before, but remember the film The Postman? I always liked Tom Petty's cameo in that.

It's post apocalypse and Petty is interacting with Costners character and KC recognizes him and says; I know you, you're famous! And Tom Petty looks knowingly and says; yeah I was I guess.... or something like that.

I just thought it was a cool little scene to show that we're all human beings and celebrity status means absolutely nothing in reality, and I always thought Tom Petty was the perfect person to deliver that message.

RIP My dude....
I do, and I loved that scene as well.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson