RIP: Lance Blanks (1966-2023)

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
RIP. Gone too soon. Only 56. Heard about this on Burns and Gambo.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Heard this on the radio. Way too soon!

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Rest in Peace, Brother.

His time as GM wasn't marked with Suns success, but in the end, it's just a game. We're all in this together.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anybody have any idea of cause of death? Way too young.
Not yet.

Dallas County was the first to announce that the former athlete had passed away on Wednesday at the age of 56, while the causes and manner of his death are yet unknown as they await the exam results.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Whenever I’m having a bad day I try to remember it’s only 00000.1% as bad as what a lot of people are actually going through.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Very sad to hear. Not that there is really any good way to go when you're still that young, but this is very close to the most tragic.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That sucks. People contemplating suicide should think about how much pain they will cause for those who care about them, even if they are few in number.
My cousin’s husband took his own life a couple years ago and this was a thought that often crossed my mind. But I can’t help but wonder if people who are contemplating suicide and actually go through with it are in so much pain, that’s all they can think about, unable to think about anything or anyone else.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
My cousin’s husband took his own life a couple years ago and this was a thought that often crossed my mind. But I can’t help but wonder if people who are contemplating suicide and actually go through with it are in so much pain, that’s all they can think about, unable to think about anything or anyone else.
I'm sure it depends on the case. Many who commit suicide leave notes, often with apologies. Maybe the apologies are insincere, but they at least show that the victim is able to think about other people right up until the end.

I feel bad for the guy, but worse for his two daughters.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm sure it depends on the case. Many who commit suicide leave notes, often with apologies. Maybe the apologies are insincere, but they at least show that the victim is able to think about other people right up until the end.

I feel bad for the guy, but worse for his two daughters.
Oh trust me… I feel much worse for my cousin. I just can’t personally imagine how much pain someone has to be to take their own life.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
That sucks. People contemplating suicide should think about how much pain they will cause for those who care about them, even if they are few in number.
That’s a logical thought but if you’re killing yourself you’re not thinking logically. I’ve been reading a lot lately on mitochondria and its function/importance to brain cells. Idk if he suffered from some trauma or was sick but there’s so much circuitry up there that it can wreak havoc on your mind and take over your thoughts. Probably not a groundbreaking take but something I’ve been looking into.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose