Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
RIP: Jay Thomas (1948-2017)

Jay Thomas, 'Cheers' actor, dead at 69

http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/24/entertainment/jay-thomas-dead/index.html

Jay Thomas, a comic and character actor whose credits include roles on "Cheers" and "Murphy Brown," has died after a battle with cancer, according to his publicist Tom Estey.Thomas was 69.

"Jay Thomas was one of the funniest and kindest men I have had the honor to call both client and friend for 25 years plus. He will be dearly missed by so many," Estey said in a statement to CNN.

In addition to his work on TV, many know Thomas from his annual holiday season appearance on "The Late Show with David Letterman," where he'd retell what Letterman once called "the greatest talk show story of all time."

The colorful anecdote involved Thomas giving a ride to a costumed Clayton Moore, star of TV's "The Lone Ranger," and getting involved in a minor car crash that escalated into more.

"I loved Jay," Letterman told CNN in a statement. "His Lone Ranger story was the best I heard in 30 years. Plus, nobody could throw a football like Jay. Maybe Tina Fey, maybe. My heart goes out to his family."

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Interesting write-up. He was killed off of Cheers because everybody hated him. Like, REALLY hated him.

Which is why his character was killed in a Zamboni accident.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard