RIP: Debbie Reynolds (1932-2016)

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Debbie Reynolds Dead At 84

http://www.tmz.com/2016/12/28/debbie-reynolds-dead/

Debbie Reynolds -- who rose to stardom in "Singin' in the Rain" and quickly became a staple among Hollywood royalty -- died Wednesday as a result of a stroke, TMZ has learned ... just one day after her daughter Carrie Fisher passed away ... this according to her son Todd.

Debbie was rushed to a hospital shortly after 1 PM when someone at the Beverly Hills home of her son, Todd, called 911 to report a possible stroke. We're told Debbie and Todd were making funeral plans for Carrie, who died Tuesday of cardiac arrest.

Debbie famously divorced Eddie Fisher in 1959 after his affair with Elizabeth Taylor. Debbie married 2 more times in 1960 and 1984.

She played iconic roles in "Tammy and the Bachelor" and "The Unsinkable Molly Brown" ... for which she earned an Oscar nomination.

-----------------------------

RIP, Debbie. You deserve your own thread. :|

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This news totally caught me off guard. It is shocking for both mother and daughter to pass away only one day apart. It saddens me.

RIP Debbie and Carrie Fisher.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So very sad rest in peace Debbie your daughters death must've broken your heart

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Just awful. A Christmas season this family would like to forget I'm sure.

My heart breaks for all of them.

Just a quick, cute Debbie Reynolds story I think you might enjoy if you give it a read. I didn't meet her, but my sister did, better yet she like, hung out with her!!! Ok so, my older sister was like, way into old Hollywood movies when she was a kid, like obsessed the way other girls her age were with New Kids on the block lol. Judy Garland was always her favorite but Debbie was always a close second. I grew up watching stuff like Tammy and the bachelor and Singing in the Rain because she made me. Even I could see that Debbie was an awesome talent, and so incredibly beautiful!

So anyways fast forward to the Debbie Reynolds hotel in Las Vegas (yes kids, that was a thing) somewhere in the early 90's I forget, I'm old... My parents, while on family vacation one year, surprised my sister with a VIP package that let her go to the show and meet Debbie afterwards! Just like a quick meet and greet thing.

To this day my sister still told the story of how she met Debbie and always described her as the nicest and most charming person she ever met. She wound up talking old movies with her for like a half an hour and Debbie introduced her to all these famous people and wrote her this amazing note on the playbill or whatever you call it and gave her a scarf that she still has. They just got along really well but my sister said you could just tell, that's the kind of person Debbie is. You meet her, you love her, end of story...

Anyways, point being, this lady was really something special. My sister is on Vacation in Iceland right now so I dont know if she's heard, but I know her heart will break on this one.

RIP Debbie!

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had a fairly morbid thought last night...I wouldn't be surprised if Carrie was being kept alive via life support and Debbie had to make the decision to let her go, and if the stress of making that decision led to the stroke. I hope she wasn't faced with that decision/burden. It would likely kill me, too.

DemsMyBoys

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
According to TMZ Carrie was on a ventilator and the family was deciding about removing life support when Carrie's heart just stopped beating. So they didn't have to make the decision.

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
According to TMZ Carrie was on a ventilator and the family was deciding about removing life support when Carrie's heart just stopped beating. So they didn't have to make the decision.
I hadn't heard either way. That's actually good news, I guess.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Remember seeing her talk about this routine. SITR was like her 3rd movie and she was still relatively unknown. She talked about how surreal it was to be doing this routine with Gene Kelly and Donald O'connor. I think she held her own pretty well. :)

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard