Resident Evil 4

mdamien13

Go Cardinals! Yay!!!
Reaction score
Wow! I didn't own a Gamecube but I found a package deal for cheap (relatively) and since I'm a completist I went ahead and got it to play Resident Evil 4.

This is an absolutely incredible game. They've created the most immersive horror game I've ever played. The graphics are the best I've seen on a console, and they even created the game in widescreen to further enhance the cinematic feel of the game. If you have surround sound speakers, they have set up the game so that when you're surrounded you can hear your attackers circling you and shouting commands from around the room. There were a few times I dropped the controller.

The gameplay is set up for more of an action-oriented style (think Metal Gear w/ less stealth tactics) but there are definitely horror elements there. You use sniper rifles, grenades, and artillery to fend off the hordes of possessed villagers and cult members.

The storyline, while easily the weakest in the series, isn't so bad that it detracts from the game. It is a continuation of the Resident Evil storyline after the inevitable fall of Umbrella. And it sets up a sequel very well.

Highly recommend for any Gamecube owners. PS2 version is coming out in the Fall.