Remember the Heat Seeking missle??

bigredjane

& amp; quot ;Car d s Crazy
Reaction score
Chuck Cecil our former safety was named defensive co for the Titans! He should make a good one. He was one of my favorites and so much fun to watch!

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
He was recently inducted into the college football hall of fame too.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Not a bad week to be Chuck Cecil IMO

lauraw

"Vincere, Aut Mori" !
Reaction score
I remember hearing about Chuck Cecil's knockouts when I was little...

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I despised his play. He tried to hurt people with his helmet and often did. He was a coward. King of cheap shots. In today's game, he'd always be suspended. I regret he ever played for us.

Sorry, jane. Glad to hear from you again. Just disagree about Cecil.

RedViper

Registered
Reaction score
I despised his play. He tried to hurt people with his helmet and often did. He was a coward. King of cheap shots. In today's game, he'd always be suspended. I regret he ever played for us.

Basically agree. The other thing was, it seemed like he barely did anything for us. If I remember right they brought him in as a free agent on the 93 team, he had that very memorable game vs. Washington were he decapitated a couple people, got on the cover of SI, then got injured and it seemed like he hardly did a thing for us the rest of the year. The guy barely played for us. There isn't much to remember, other than a lot of hype with minimal production. Free agent bust essentially.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score

I guess you could say the same about a lot of safeties from yesteryear. The name Jack Tatum comes to mind. He wanted to kill any player that had the ball. Ask Darryl Stingley. Tatum still won't apologize to this day for putting him in a wheel chair.

Cecil, like Tatum, played within the confines of the rules. Now the league has gotten soft and extraordinary safeties, like AW and Polamalu, are handcuffed.

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score

interesting take, I like it. It's kind of sad though what the NFL has become, a place where penalties for shoulder hits and league generated offense rules. Fans for the most part have bought in, oh well as long as my fantasy team does well.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison