Recieved a letter from Bidwill Jr

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
A while back I posted an idea for a uniform design for the Cards and as some posters suggested it could not be considered due to the fact it was an unsolicited submission which is against NFL policy, that is exactly the case. I recieved a letter from Michael Bidwill and my uniform concepts where returned but it made me feel very good about this organization. First of all, seldom do VPs take the time to personally respond and the letter did not come across as generic and was personally signed by Bidwill and not stamped which would often be the case. He did look at them and paid the postage to have returned in good condition. He also responded promptly to my package. Anyone who has ever been in the art world would know such actions are few and rare and Bidwill gave me time and respect. How this team performs next year I don't frankly know, but Michael Bidwill was a class act in regards to my submission.

Thanks Michael

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe he really liked your idea, and will be "soliciting' business from you in the future!

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Thats great to hear! Hopefully the Cardinals will take a look at the ideas that are being submitted to gauge what the fans want.

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Maybe we can buy some?? That would be cool going to a Cards game with a new jersey that no one has. As long as it doesn't have #22. I am not sold on Smith yet.

Cardinal Bob

Glutton for Punishment
Reaction score
I wrote a thoughtfully worded letter to Bill Sr. back in '94 ripping him for firing Joe Bugel, sent it registered mail (got the receipt back), and received a short, handwritten letter from him in return. I couldn't believe it! Still got the letter!

Sent another one the next year to Buddy Ryan (while cc-ing Bill Sr.) chastising him for being a lousy couch (or something similar), again sent it registered mail (got the receipt back), but no letter in return this time.

A friend of mine joked that Bidwill probably alerted the FBI and that there was a file on me in Arizona now because of the letters and I'd never make it out of the airport if I visited. LOL!

Alan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I wrote McGinnis a letter following the '01 draft and he called my house in California to thank me for the letter. Gotta love that :)

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I still have a signed team picture from the 1976 team. I sent a letter asking for Terry Metcalf, Mel Gray and Jim Hart's autographs. I got a Don Coryell instead. I also suggested they run more draws for Metcalf and more halfback options Terry to Mel, don't thing they took the advice of a 10 year old.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn