Quote in SI about Jake

Lex

troublemaker
Reaction score
Russ

I agree about Jake's deal in Denver. These are the type of contracts being done now. If he stinks up the place, they can cut him, if he's good... restructure.

I think my deal offer on another thread was, 5 mil signing bonus, 3.5 a year for 3 years, then 6 mil roster bonus with years 4-5-6 being worth 4.5-5-7. 38 million total. That wouldn't have got it done anyway.

I wonder which one of our posters is in mgmt. with Denver?

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Re: Russ

Originally posted by Lex
I agree about Jake's deal in Denver. These are the type of contracts being done now. If he stinks up the place, they can cut him, if he's good... restructure.

I think my deal offer on another thread was, 5 mil signing bonus, 3.5 a year for 3 years, then 6 mil roster bonus with years 4-5-6 being worth 4.5-5-7. 38 million total. That wouldn't have got it done anyway.

I wonder which one of our posters is in mgmt. with Denver?

The way I figure it Denver will still possibly take a QB in round 1 or 2(more likely 2 if someone like Boller or Grossman or Simms is there).

Then groom that guy for 2 years before cutting Jake and giving the job to the young QB.

Lex

troublemaker
Reaction score
You could very well be right Russ. You know what caught my attention? Russ...look away...in 2 years the Cardinals move into their new stadium.

DOH!!!

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Lex
You could very well be right Russ. You know what caught my attention? Russ...look away...in 2 years the Cardinals move into their new stadium.

DOH!!!

Yes Leftwich or McCown should be coming into their own right about then.

Lex

troublemaker
Reaction score
I hope you're right Russ. I'm holding out judgement on McCown, and hoping he's the man. As far as Lefty being good in two years? What do I care, he'll be playing in Chi town.

Cardinal Bob

Glutton for Punishment
Reaction score
Originally posted by Dan H
Oh, I agree. Marbury is much more talented than Kidd.

There isn't an NBA GM, or scout, who'd agree with that statement.

cheesebeef - I don't follow the NBA at all, so I don't know what Marbury has done. But he's no choir-boy either. That I do know. NYPD can fill you in on all his transgressions.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
cardinal bob, where do you get off slandering marbury by insinuating he has a record with nypd? just b/c he's a bit too "street" for you it's okay to assume he's got a rap sheet? sheesh. marbury may have been correctly slammed for some of his dealings with teammates (in the past - he's been a perfect teammate in phx) and he's had a dui in phx, but i don't remember hearing anything other than that about him. if you've got other tales, please provide evidence. i'm both calling you out AND interested (if you have any 411). and i'll tell you what, i'll take the dui over wife-beating any day of the week.

and you know what, that marbury/kidd deal is not nearly so lopsidded as the kidd-loving media would have you brainwashed to think. marbury has been superior this season. if you're not an nba fan, try not to make a fool of yourself when you speak about it. and, when kidd leaves nj that deal will be lopsided, in favor of the suns.

jackasses. who wants to fight me about the suns now!!!?!!

WHEEEEEEEE-A-WHEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

pinnacle

Reaction score
jake made some comment he is so excited.. he is already going to start memorizing the playbook, hit the weight room and be 100% committed... Guess our measly $30 million + we gave him was not enough to get him committed.. yea - he was a class act and did not rip us..but I think he is much more mature now than he was when we signed him and he will be more committed..but he will still suck.

Dan H

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Originally posted by Cardinal Bob
There isn't an NBA GM, or scout, who'd agree with that statement.

cheesebeef - I don't follow the NBA at all, so I don't know what Marbury has done. But he's no choir-boy either. That I do know. NYPD can fill you in on all his transgressions.

The easiest thing to do is compare Kidd's field goal percentage, points per game, and assists to when he was with the Suns, with what Marbury has put up. Marbury is dishing about two less assists per game, but is a go-to guy (something Jason was not in Phoenix) and is scoring about 8 more points per game with a much higher FG%.

The stats Jason Kidd is putting up in New Jersey now are immaterial - the trade lit a fire under his butt. And if he leaves in free agency this offseason, the trade will look even better for the Suns because the Nets will have gotten nothing for a guy who's locked up for 3 more years.

Cardinal Bob

Glutton for Punishment
Reaction score
Originally posted by PHXSPORTS4LIFE
cardinal bob, where do you get off slandering marbury by insinuating he has a record with nypd? just b/c he's a bit too "street" for you it's okay to assume he's got a rap sheet? sheesh. marbury may have been correctly slammed for some of his dealings with teammates (in the past - he's been a perfect teammate in phx) and he's had a dui in phx, but i don't remember hearing anything other than that about him. if you've got other tales, please provide evidence. i'm both calling you out AND interested (if you have any 411). and i'll tell you what, i'll take the dui over wife-beating any day of the week.

He has at least two DUIs in NYC (one while driving a yellow Lambourghini in the South Bronx. Like THAT wouldn't stick out like a sore thumb! LOL!), but he was also arrested at least once more for something else. I read about it in the NJ paper about 6 months to a year before he was traded (and many writers here were speculating that he'd be traded for exactly that reason). I can't remember what it was. I'll try and get the details from a friend of my wife's who is a Sgt. in the NYPD, but I can't promise anything.

Like I said, I don't like the NBA, and couldn't really care less about the Nets. I used to be a Celtics fan back in the day, but after Bird retired and my old college bud Reggie Lewis died, I lost interest. I mostly follow college hoops nowadays. I do know that many folks here in NJ are starting to suspect Kidd will leave via free agency over the summer and they are bumme with a capital B!

Regardless, I dont' really wanna argue NBA with anyone - especially not on a Cardinal forum - because you guys sound like you watch Marbury and the Suns and I don't. So...whatever. I hear that Stoudamire guy is great though!

Go Cards!
:thumbup: