Prepare for Drew Petzing departure

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Looking at offense, I feel the talent is good enough to make legit evaluations.
Only QB, LG, and C can you really say we don’t have at least average NFL players. This should be an average offense.

Surprise, we’re in the middle third of the NFL.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Only QB, LG, and C can you really say we don’t have at least average NFL players. This should be an average offense.

This is where I will credit Petzing. He has coached his offense to produce to the talent it has. I don't see anything amazing with what he is doing, but I expected worse from a 1st time OC, and he is creating time for himself to grow in the role.

One thing I am excited to watch is if anything changes when Kyler gets back. Some offenses can fake effectiveness by just limiting negative plays. A hint of this would be if Kyler comes back, and the offense looks mostly the same.

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The team as a whole has performed admirably - at times shockingly so - given that this season and roster are a planned demolition.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Not really. You've always been a DVOA truther and through 4 games we were 8th in DVOA on offense.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Not really. You've always been a DVOA truther and through 4 games we were 8th in DVOA on offense.
DVOA right now isn't actually adjusted for opponents because there's not enough data on them. For now I like use DAVE which includes preseason projections. We're 27th by DAVE; I think we're somewhere in the middle.

It's quibbling, anyway. Our offense is obviously not the hollowed-out shell our defense is.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This offense with a good LG and a speed RB to compliment Conner is much better than it is now which is not bad. This is with Dobbs still at QB. We are missing out on some big plays due to lack of speed coming out of the backfield. That is not a knock on Conner but a back with speed to compliment him would make us much more difficult to play against.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
This offense with a good LG and a speed RB to compliment Conner is much better than it is now which is not bad. This is with Dobbs still at QB. We are missing out on some big plays due to lack of speed coming out of the backfield. That is not a knock on Conner but a back with speed to compliment him would make us much more difficult to play against.
If only we had Rondale Moore...

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He is a band-aid that is working though.
It is nice they get him touches everywhere. I am talking about the backup to Conner having some speed and giving the D something else to be concerned with. Our current backups are plodders and are a big drop off from Conner. Would also help to keep Conner fresh.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
It is nice they get him touches everywhere. I am talking about the backup to Conner having some speed and giving the D something else to be concerned with. Our current backups are plodders and are a big drop off from Conner. Would also help to keep Conner fresh.
Just think how explosive this offense could be with a Devon Achane paired with Conner!

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
How many carries do you really need in this role though?

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Yeah, you need a guy that can legit handle 10 touches. Rondale ain't it.
Define touches. in the three games Moore has received carries, he has 5, 7 and 6 combined carries and catches. Why do we think a combined 5 more will cause him to self destruct?

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Define touches. in the three games Moore has received carries, he has 5, 7 and 6 combined carries and catches. Why do we think a combined 5 more will cause him to self destruct?
Because he falls apart in every season, even with minimal use?

You seriously think he's a credible second back, instead of a gimmick player?

OP
OP
Arz101

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
guys: fans revolt when their team hires the coordinator from a 5-12 team. Let’s worry about this after a playoff run.
Kliff came from a losing program (mostly). 50-50 Drew will get head coach position.

OP
OP
Arz101

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
You’re assuming there’s all these people around the league as dumb as Steve Keim.
Like McVay was denied a job coz he came from RedSkins dumpyard?

(Not comparing Pretzing to McVay) but you get the analogy

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jim Fassel somehow got the NY Giants HC job based off one ridiculous 3 game hit streak from Boomer Esiason back in Vince Tobin’s first year.

Guess the difference here is Fassel had been an OC previously before. That said, the NFL is always on the hunt for the next young “offensive mind”.

Sometimes people think that if a flower can exist in a pile of crap, it could really bloom elsewhere.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Jim Fassel somehow got the NY Giants HC job based off one ridiculous 3 game hit streak from Boomer Esiason back in Vince Tobin’s first year.

Guess the difference here is Fassel had been an OC previously before. That said, the NFL is always on the hunt for the next young “offensive mind”.

Sometimes people think that if a flower can exist in a pile of crap, it could really bloom elsewhere.
I also think another difference was that he was a HC before even though it was in college, so he already had HC’ing experience.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn