Pre-Draft Presser (live now)

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Why isn't it letting teams that are desperate for a QB know that you're willing to deal. What you said, imo, makes more sense if there was only one team in need of a QB. Based on what I've read there seems to be at least four. Bottom line, why it might not add to what teams will offer, I can't see that they will offer less, just as long as there is more than one team wanting your pick.
If they’re desperate for a QB you don’t have to let them know you’re willing to deal bc they are going to contact you no matter what. That’s what desperate means. Do you expect them to not pick up the phone because “I dunno, that cardinals gm hasn’t mentioned any interest in trading, so why bother calling him?” Cmon

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
If they’re desperate for a QB you don’t have to let them know you’re willing to deal bc they are going to contact you no matter what. That’s what desperate means. Do you expect them to not pick up the phone because “I dunno, that cardinals gm hasn’t mentioned any interest in trading, so why bother calling him?” Cmon
If they are so desperate for a QB they'll probably call Texas. MO is being smart to let teams know that if it's too expensive to buy a #2, you might be interested in a #3. And it's comical to think he's being desperate to let teams know he's willing to trade back, when even people on this Board know it.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
There's no major over analysing going on here.

"It won't change what we do at #3" could mean nothing. Or a number of things.

It could mean there are 3 players they are happy to take at #3 so at least two will be there if not all.

It could mean they expect both teams to take QB.

It could mean they already have a trade deal in place.

It could just be boilerplate pre draft talk.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
I have a hunch that we may be trading down with Eagles. #3 for #10 and #30.

The Eagles need an impact player like Will Anderson.

We could get Skorinski at #10 and then Breese or Will Mcdonald at #30 and then another solid player at #34.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
I have a hunch that we may be trading down with Eagles. #3 for #10 and #30.

The Eagles need an impact player like Will Anderson.

We could get Skorinski at #10 and then Breese or Will Mcdonald at #30 and then another solid player at #34.
Not enough to move from 10 to 3 IMO. They would have to give up more.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
If they are so desperate for a QB they'll probably call Texas. MO is being smart to let teams know that if it's too expensive to buy a #2, you might be interested in a #3. And it's comical to think he's being desperate to let teams know he's willing to trade back, when even people on this Board know it.
Well we just disagree. I just think it’s silly to believe that teams need to communicate with each other via the press in any way shape or form. These guys are all in constant contact particularly leading up to the draft. Whatever is In the press is for the public.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
For what it's worth, Gannon is getting thrashed here in Philly on talk radio for exaggerating his interactions with the media. It was never as deep as he made it seem.