Practice Update for 9/18/2003

Stronso

Schweddy Balls
Reaction score
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
Thursday, September 18, 2003

SCOTTSDALE, ARIZONA -- Phoenix Coyotes General Manager Michael Barnett announced today that center Jakub Koreis and defenseman Marcus Smith have been reassigned to their respective junior clubs while goaltender Scott Dickie has been reassigned to the Springfield Falcons, the Coyotes top minor league affiliate in the American Hockey League.

The following players were reassigned today:

C Jakub Koreis to Guelph (OHL)
D Marcus Smith to Kitchener (OHL)
G Scott Dickie to Springfield (AHL)

The Coyotes now have 43 players on their 2003 veterans training camp roster including 5 goaltenders, 13 defensemen and 25 forwards:

Goaltenders: Zac Bierk, Brian Boucher, Sean Burke, Jean-Marc Pelletier, David LeNeveu

Defensemen: Paul Mara, Ossi Vaananen, Todd Simpson, Brad Ference, David Tanabe, Radoslav Suchy, Cale
Hulse, Bryan Helmer, Goran Bezina, Igor Knyazev, Michael Schutte, Matthew Spiller, Nikos Tselios

Forwards: Shane Doan, Chris Gratton, Mike Johnson, Krystofer Kolanos, Daymond Langkow,
Jan Hrdina, Ladislav Nagy, Tyson Nash, Andrei Nazarov, Landon Wilson, Branko Radivojevic,
Brian Savage, Mike Sillinger, Daniel Cleary, Jeff Taffe, Frank Banham, Chris Ferraro, Peter Ferraro, Jason
Jaspers, Kiel McLeod, Martin Podlesak, Fredrik Sjostrom, Mike Stutzel, Erik Westrum, Frantisek Lukes

AndyO

Veteran
Reaction score
Been to several practices this past week, from what I can see, Sjostrom is a keeper. He looks ready for the NHL right now, though we don't have a spot for him. Wouldn;t be surprised to see him called up at some point this year.

So far I'm pretty disappointed in Taffe. He just hasn't shown much in practice and scrimmage, hopefully he'll step it up with preseason starting. Everyone was ready to hand him a job this summer, he doesn't look like he really deserves it at this point.

OP
OP
Stronso

Stronso

Schweddy Balls
Reaction score
Originally posted by AndyO
Been to several practices this past week, from what I can see, Sjostrom is a keeper. He looks ready for the NHL right now, though we don't have a spot for him. Wouldn;t be surprised to see him called up at some point this year.

So far I'm pretty disappointed in Taffe. He just hasn't shown much in practice and scrimmage, hopefully he'll step it up with preseason starting. Everyone was ready to hand him a job this summer, he doesn't look like he really deserves it at this point.

From stuff that I have seen with my own eyes, read and heard, Taffe is a major disappointment. I mean it is there for him on a silver platter and he just doesn't take it. Kind of reminds of me of Briere a couple of years ago when he got sent down and up from Springfield and he had this poopy attitude. Then all of a sudden he pulls his head out and starts to play - and play well. That is my hope for Taffe.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson