Practice Squad

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
According to KFFL, Kenny Rowe has been re-signed to the Practice Squad (only one so far - as of 8:30 am Labor Day).

Vermont Maverick

Registered
Reaction score
The AZCardinals website shows that Javon Lawson, on injured reserve, has been assigned #89. I think that speaks volumes about Charles Hawkins likelihood to make the practice squad, since that was his number. I am very surprised based on his play in preseason (save for one alligator arm effort over the middle). I would have thought he was very likely for the PS.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Thanks Jeff.

Only the Texans and Cards don't have anyone listed on their PS on SB Nation.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Vermont, I've seen that but I think it's incorrect. I think Hawkins and Taylor make the PS, unless a speed merchat appears.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'm guessing Demens and Johnson-Webb to the PS, along with a center IF Gibson gets cut. And while I didn't like him the safety, Curt Taylor, or another team's safety, also. And maybe Padric Scott.

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score
I'm guessing Demens and Johnson-Webb to the PS, along with a center IF Gibson gets cut. And while I didn't like him the safety, Curt Taylor, or another team's safety, also. And maybe Padric Scott.

Johnson-Webb was just signed to the Bears' PS. There goes those high hopes.

Mitch

Reaction score
Per tweets---thus far:

OLB Kenny Rowe
WR Kerry Taylor

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Would like to see Padric Scott NT-DT get signed for PS and Zach Nash LB.Another TE and Kenny Demens ILB.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Johnson-Webb was just signed to the Bears' PS. There goes those high hopes.

Kinda expected with the signing of Sowell. I would think if the BASK wanted him they could have signed him. Do teams that cut a player who goes through the WW unclaimed get "dibs" on said player? I wouldn't think so but in most cases players would want to stay with the team they trained and are familiar with.

Mitch

Reaction score
Kinda expected with the signing of Sowell. I would think if the BASK wanted him they could have signed him. Do teams that cut a player who goes through the WW unclaimed get "dibs" on said player? I wouldn't think so but in most cases players would want to stay with the team they trained and are familiar with.

I think you are right. Technically, once a player is waived he is no longer the property of the old team, so players and their agents can open up the phone lines and get recruited all over again. The tendency is to stay with the same team. But, the Bears have been trying to land a young sleeper tackle for several years now. The just gave up on J'Marcus Webb. It could be that they gave quite the song and dance to Johnson-Webb and he jumped at it. You never know too---maybe his favorite team is the Bears. While that may sound a little silly---it actually is a factor for some players.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Dontay Moch is a good pickup on the PS.. some people wanted us to pick him up on waivers when he was cut by Cincy.

b8rtm8nn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Nice that a couple of these weren't with us for pre-season, can't say BASK is lazy in looking for playmakers...even for the practice squad

OP
OP
JeffGollin

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Dontay Moch is a good pickup on the PS.. some people wanted us to pick him up on waivers when he was cut by Cincy.
He's flashed as a pass rusher during one or two preseasons but has run into a series of injuries and was suspended for performance enhancing drugs.

If he stays healthy and clean, he gives us backup role-playing depth as a pass rusher behind John Abraham (but that's not an insignicant "if").

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Our list so far

Dontay Moch lb
Philip Blake c/g
Kerry Taylor wo
Curtis Taylor S
Kenny Rowe Lb

Thanks for the update. Somewhat surprised by C Taylor.

3 more spots open + the international player option.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I liked Blake at Baylor so I happy we got him. Moch and Rowe are speed rushers which can't hurt to have too many of.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I think the last practice squad player to get onto the Cardinals active roster was D.J. Young. What a mistake he was. The Cards actually tricked me into thinking he had some talent when they called him up to keep the Eagles from claiming him.

Whis and Grimm just had no clue when it came to offensive line talent. Hopefully the 37 offensive line coaches we have now can do better.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson