Pour One out for the Fallen Homie

HeavyB3

Unregistered User
Reaction score
I got home from work last night (after suffering from a shredded tire on the freeway when its 114 outside) and my 52 inch Sony LCD TV was dead. It turns on, but before it can display a picture it shuts off and gives me 14 red light blinks. I think I can fix it, I found the possible cause of its failure, but my buddy is offering me his 70 inch Sharp TV as a wedding present since he's moving, ironically, to Oregon. So I might just take him up on that offer (and still try and fix the TV. Just to convince Ashley that we don't need her entertainment stand anymore...

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got home from work last night (after suffering from a shredded tire on the freeway when its 114 outside) and my 52 inch Sony LCD TV was dead. It turns on, but before it can display a picture it shuts off and gives me 14 red light blinks. I think I can fix it, I found the possible cause of its failure, but my buddy is offering me his 70 inch Sharp TV as a wedding present since he's moving, ironically, to Oregon. So I might just take him up on that offer (and still try and fix the TV. Just to convince Ashley that we don't need her entertainment stand anymore...

If you decide you do not want to fix it and you are going to scrap it, let me know. I like fixing those things. I'm 1 for 1 so far.

OP
OP
HeavyB3

HeavyB3

Unregistered User
Reaction score
Ok. There is a 50% chance its an easy fix. Something called the T-CON Board could be out. I found one for like 75 bucks to replace it. Doesn't look that hard, but who can turn down a free 70 inch smart tv?

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok. There is a 50% chance its an easy fix. Something called the T-CON Board could be out. I found one for like 75 bucks to replace it. Doesn't look that hard, but who can turn down a free 70 inch smart tv?

I know I couldn't. Good luck.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you don't want the 70" TV hit me up on IM. Heck I would pay for shipping for that TV. :D

OP
OP
HeavyB3

HeavyB3

Unregistered User
Reaction score
Wall mounted that sucker. I've straightened it all up since i took this picture, but this is shortly after wall mounting. My Sony had a nicer picture, but the Sharp is pretty nice too.

You must be registered for see images

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks good, but I'm a solid oak man when it comes to my centers of entertainment.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison