Potential Suns Owners

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
So, listening to Bill Simmons and he and his Hollywood insider brought up some interesting info about one reason Iger went back to Disney.

Apparently Sarver made clear that while he’s selling the team he’d never sell to Iger because he blames Iger as part of the reason he’s gone because ESPN basically lit the fuse that explodes his ownership with the Suns.
BS! (not saying you) If Iger offered 1 Billion more than the next ownership team, he's getting the Suns. You don't walk away from big money like that.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
OP
OP
JerkFace

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Local Billionares.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
No one associated with Carvana will be able to afford the Suns. That company is sinking fast. Paid too much for inventory.
No doubt, they gave me WELL over KBB for a Chevy Spark EV sight unseen. They came and picked it up cut the check and I haven't heard from them since.
Gonna miss them

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Be nice to be born with a few billion in the bank account. You could just do 1 stupid thing after the other, case in point.

We could buy the Suns for starters. I'd even be willing to pay the luxury tax.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Definite no, he spends money no doubt but just a trash human being IMO. Plus he has a criminal record for domestic violence, won't be a good look going from Sarver to Mayweather.
I don't know much about Mayweather. Maybe you are right.

We live in a country where half of the population, give or take a few thousand, thinks the other half is trash, and vice versa. Its going to be hard to find an owner that is not hated by a LOT of people.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

We live in a country where half of the population, give or take a few thousand, thinks the other half is trash, and vice versa. Its going to be hard to find an owner that is not hated by a LOT of people.
I don’t think it should be hard to find someone who has not been in prison for multiple domestic violence crimes as well as being in jail for theft as well.

In 2002, Mayweather was charged with two counts of domestic violence against Melissa Brim, the mother of his daughter. He was convicted of one count and sentenced to 90 days in jail.

In 2004, Mayweather was charged with battery against two women. He pleaded no contest to one count and was sentenced to six months probation.

In 2010, Mayweather was charged with felony grand larceny for allegedly stealing a $128,000 diamond necklace from his former girlfriend. The charge was later reduced to a misdemeanor and Mayweather was sentenced to 90 days in jail.

In 2012, Mayweather was charged with a misdemeanor for domestic violence against his current girlfriend, Shantel Jackson. The charge was later dropped.

In 2015, Mayweather was convicted of battery and harassment against his girlfriend Shantel Jackson. He was sentenced to three months in jail.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

To me a conservative, rational person who doesn't make headlines for all the wrong reasons and is loaded would be my ideal candidate like an Obama led investment group with loaded financial backers.

On fence about Bezos because while working conditions at Amazon are similar to Walmart people still choose to work there for whatever reason (easy to get in, pay, like working fast paced jobs, etc).

Musk is a hard no for me, I think everyone knows how much of a jack ass he is especially recently.

Laurene Powell Jobs would check a lot of boxes but she seems interested in owning a DC team like Commanders.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It can work. See Golden State and Championship. It can also be a curse, see Lakers! Just spend that luxury tax money wisely! :)
The Lakers still won two championships in years that they paid the luxury tax.

You must be registered for see images attach

Of course, they paid no luxury tax during their most recent championship season:

You must be registered for see images attach

Much better than all of the teams that paid the tax and won squat.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
No doubt, they gave me WELL over KBB for a Chevy Spark EV sight unseen. They came and picked it up cut the check and I haven't heard from them since.
Gonna miss them
Sold my 2001 Mustang to them for basically what I was looking for in private party.