Potential Suns Owners

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Really? He is to me. There is a drive there to be more successful than anyone at anything. Give me that attitude from my owner over $arver and his racist/mysoginist ass any day of the week and twice on Sunday.
The amount of damage done to our country by Sarver vs. by Bezos is not comparable.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Bezos would be a grand slam but I understand the anti-capitalism bluster these days. Since he’s just as valuable as the entire league I don’t see him committing to buying a team unless he wants to win. Plus he could build his own arena one day which would be great for the valley.

It’s not anti capitalism it’s that he treats his workers like trash. That’s why people don’t like him.

Warehouse workers and drivers having to piss in bottles shouldn’t be a thing

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The amount of damage done to our country by Sarver vs. by Bezos is not comparable.
People make the same argument about Microsoft and Bill Gates. To me it's not that black and white.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
When the world goes full-blown apocalypse, you better believe Bezos will be one of the ones left standing. Better hitch our wagon to that horse while we can.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
People make the same argument about Microsoft and Bill Gates. To me it's not that black and white.
I'd love to understand that comparison. Amazon is a monopoly, and bullies the entire country. I don't know how anyone who learns more about Amazon in terms of their business practices and how they threat their employees would be pro Bezos on anything. You don't need to look hard to find horror stories on both the micro and macro with Amazon.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
If you haven’t pee’d in a bottle at work you’re not working hard enough.
Lol, imagine stanning treating people like slaves.

You ever get your bathroom breaks checked?

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If you haven’t pee’d in a bottle at work you’re not working hard enough.

You come on to my job site trying to tell grown men that and trust you’d be going out to that parking lot real quick.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
When the world goes full-blown apocalypse, you better believe Bezos will be one of the ones left standing. Better hitch our wagon to that horse while we can.

One thing I also don’t like about Bezos he’s based out of Seattle

That has disaster written all over it

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd love to understand that comparison. Amazon is a monopoly, and bullies the entire country. I don't know how anyone who learns more about Amazon in terms of their business practices and how they threat their employees would be pro Bezos on anything. You don't need to look hard to find horror stories on both the micro and macro with Amazon.
Microsoft and Windows has been long considered a monopoly and has been the most influential player in OS/Software for decades. It O/S has influenced other O/S, software development, application development and driven software compatibility decisions and hardware sales for most of the industry. I have literally heard everything thrown at Amazon at companies like MS before.

IMO, there is a good and bad that comes out of companies like these. For example, the small guy can build a store front which was nearly impossible before Amazon came along. It's all allowed individual sellers to flourish and allowed consumers to save a ton of money. They have pumped millions into communities and charities.

That's not to say there is not a dark and damaging side to companies that get this big. You mentioned some. My point is there is a ton of positive that comes from these companies too. It doesn't excuse the bad and Amazon should evolve. It's not so black and white.

At the end of the day, as a Sports fan, he made his money legally and I would love if he owned the Suns.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Microsoft and Windows has been long considered a monopoly and has been the most influential player in OS/Software for decades. It O/S has influenced other O/S, software development, application development and driven software compatibility decisions and hardware sales for most of the industry. I have literally heard everything thrown at Amazon at companies like MS before.
Microsoft and Windows aren't the only show in town though. Amazon has no competitor. Amazon grinds all their competitors into dust, and will continue to bully businesses because, guess what, they can. My main beef with how they treat their employees.

I'm guessing Bill Gates never had his people peeing in bottles and destroying their bodies to hit ridiculous quotas?

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Microsoft and Windows aren't the only show in town though. Amazon has no competitor. Amazon grinds all their competitors into dust, and will continue to bully businesses because, guess what, they can. My main beef with how they treat their employees.

I'm guessing Bill Gates never had his people peeing in bottles and destroying their bodies to hit ridiculous quotas?
MS has nearly 80% of the market and at one point it was higher. My point is they are so dominate they drive a ton of related industries. I would say that is pretty close to grinding their competitors to dust. MS as well has had controversies with the treatment of employees, using vendors embroiled in child labor etc. I don't know if a major corporation that hasn't had similar issues. I am not defending Amazon's bad deeds.

Just saying things are not as black and white when a company gets that big and they do a ton of good.

OP
OP
JerkFace

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
One thing I also don’t like about Bezos he’s based out of Seattle

That has disaster written all over it

Zero chance he would be able to move the Suns. Las Vegas and Seattle getting expansion teams sooner than later is the worst kept secret in the NBA. I‘m surprised Bezos is interested in the Suns as opposed to just outbidding everyone for the Seattle expansion team.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
You think it's funny that Amazon treats many of it's workers as damn near slave labor? Pretty sick sense of humor.

The stories are everywhere - https://www.theatlantic.com/technol...arehouse-reports-show-worker-injuries/602530/

Amazon treats many of it's employees as a disposable, and some little creep makes more money than god. Crazy how that's championed in this country.
No, in regard to Amazon labor comparisons to another point in our history.

We’d take Ballmer though right?

OP
OP
JerkFace

JerkFace

Reaction score
Zero chance he would be able to move the Suns. Las Vegas and Seattle getting expansion teams sooner than later is the worst kept secret in the NBA. I‘m surprised Bezos is interested in the Suns as opposed to just outbidding everyone for the Seattle expansion team.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I guess maybe he doesn’t want to wait.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I guess maybe he doesn’t want to wait.

We've already seen GM LeBron and how that's worked out. I'd actually like to see him as owner because the team could be historically bad. It could be a plus for the Suns if he owns the Vegas team because there's a chance they end up in the Suns division.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If and when the expansions happen. Amazon, the market and his net worth could call change by the time those expansions happen. The Suns are a sure thing NOW. He is friends with CP3. Seems to be a match made in heaven IMO.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lol, imagine stanning treating people like slaves.

You ever get your bathroom breaks checked?
If it makes you feel any better I am 90% sure that in 10 years or less robots will be doing all the Amazon warehouse jobs.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
If it makes you feel any better I am 90% sure that in 10 years or less robots will be doing all the Amazon warehouse jobs.
Absolutely! Whatever crap work we can take off of people and put onto robots is a big win. Sucks that some will be used and abused in the meantime, but I guess that's progress?

OP
OP
JerkFace

JerkFace

Reaction score
If Bezos wants the Suns, then the Suns are his. He can easily outbid everyone without blinking an eye.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

According to this tweet from Adrian Wojnarowski, expansion in Las Vegas and Seattle are likely years away.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose