POLL: Sean Payton in 2023 (Officially Going to Denver)

Should Cardinals pursue Sean Payton after the season?

• Yes

Votes: 175 85.0%
  • No

Votes: 31 15.0%

• Total voters

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The comp has been agreed upon. They don’t let guys interview unless it has. The Saints need to leak their unrealistic “demands” to appease their fanbase. Everyone knows the going rate for these things.
What do you think is going on?

WiscoBird

Veteran
Reaction score
Nobody is giving a first round pick, let alone 2, for Payton. I would be shocked if it was more than a 3rd round pick. I want Payton as much as anyone but that is absurd. If the Saints are requesting that much than it must be personal for them. They would rather have Payton suffer than better the football team at no cost to them.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There will be happy if we sign Payton.

There will be people if we don’t.

There be some that don’t care what draft picks we give up.

There will be some unhappy what we give up.

One thing is for sure if and when Payton is named our head coach this website will blow up. It will also be a titillating off season.

gmartin

Reaction score
Honest question, could Payton tell the Saints he will be their HC for 2 yrs, but drop a hint that if they take him back he could sabotage the team, forcing them to fire him?

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He also had high regard for Kyler and talked about him! I feel this week they announce that Payton is our new head coach! He did a marvelous job with Brees who was an undersized QB! I'm saying my prayers!

Jane, do you still have the Cardinal light in your swimming pool? I'd love to see it again

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
They have to work out the deal with the Saints on compensation before they can announce Payton's signing.
This is what believe is going on right now. I feel we’re the only option left for Payton and that gives the saints much less leverage. So we can negotiate a more realistic compensation. Maybe a future second or a couple thirds.

Or at least that’s my hope lol

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Here is a take which is based on what I think a head coach's duties once were. Of course, they might have a strong influence on defense or offense, but their main job is controlling the whole situation while back in the day it was the DC and OC they complimented instead of the DC/OC being seemingly an assistant now to a head coach being directly involved with the offense or defense. Maybe one of these guys would be a great head coach with the proper DC/OC... just a thought, and I could be totally off guys

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Honest question, could Payton tell the Saints he will be their HC for 2 yrs, but drop a hint that if they take him back he could sabotage the team, forcing them to fire him?
he could. But he is under contract....so they could demote him to waterboy and make him play out his contract filling cups with gatorade.
its difficult to play hard ball against someone that owns you.

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
Cardinals or Fox.

My max compensation is #34 & next year's two.
Draft picks and a top-5 salary for Payton man idk. Coaching salary doesn’t affect the cap directly but it might affect MB’s ability to want to spend big on players if he’s paying two different coaches upwards of $25m a year for the foreseeable future.
You don’t pay that kind of money to cheap out on the rest

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
If Payton stays at Fox I'll survive. If he picks a other team, I'll question it.

If Cards hire anyone other than Vance, I'll give them a chance.

If they hire Vance, I'm probably out.
I agree 100% but I think it’s Payton unless saints won’t lower compensation

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose