Playoffs: Suns @ Nuggets Saturday game thread 4-29-2023- Game 1

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns open the second round of the playoffs when they play the Nuggets in Denver in game 1 on Saturday.

Television: TNT

When: Saturday, 4-29- 2023

Radio: KMVP 98.7 / S: KSUN

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is the schedule with the Nuggets.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Game 2 is on a Monday but then Game 3 not until Friday??

That is beyond stupid.
Screw that. I’ll take the extra days off for this team which is depending on two guys up there in age and have to play heavy minutes.

We can’t complain that the Lakers and Warriors get helped by the NBA when their series are spaced out and then turn around and call it stupid when we get the same help.

Also means I get to watch more games with Ouchie with at least one game on each weekend.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Screw that. I’ll take the extra days off for this team which is depending on two guys up there in age and have to play heavy minutes.

We can’t complain that the Lakers and Warriors get helped by the NBA when their series are spaced out and then turn around and call it stupid when we get the same help.

Also means I get to watch more games with Ouchie with at least one game on each weekend.
From a player standpoint no doubt. Just horrible from a tan waiting perspective. I don’t remember the last time I have seen a 4 day span between games.

DJ Tabooh

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
This series is gonna be up and down. Tbh idk who’s going to win. Denver is a more cohesive team, Suns have a better duo in KD/Book.

This is a weird matchup because idk who they start on Murray…Okogie makes the most sense but do we really go away from Torrey? Where are they gonna stash CP3? Maybe KCP but I would think they’d want Book on him so we can save his energy.

This series will come down to if we contain Murray and MPJ. Jokic will get his. Can’t let Murray get 30+ or MPJ 20+. If you put a gun to my head, I’d probably lean Denver but you can never count Book out.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Back to where it all began....

You must be registered for see images attach

Although I think if the Suns win, it'll take 6 or 7. Hopefully 6, game 7 in Denver won't be easy. Got to get in it 6 or I don't like our odds at all. If Booker keeps playing how he has, anything is possible.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
From Inside The NBA it seems Kenny and Chuck both pick Denver but Shaq went Suns. Depth was touched on, also play from the bigs.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The NBA Finals have set dates before the playoffs start, you can look it up, it is already in stone, even if every series prior is a sweep.

We're going to have long breaks because the Nuggets and ourselves had short series... so now they gotta stretch it out, get the most TV dates they can.

First round is over, every game the rest of the way is going to be on ESPN or TNT.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
I predict a tough series, lots of hand wringing and lots of calls to fire Monty on game threads.
lol I couldn't log out fast enough after the game last night - the fire monty mob was still riding hard even with Book and KD combining for 78pts and the Suns closing the series in 5. Games are going to have ups and downs - happens to every single team - I'm just glad we held it together and didn't let them extend the series

As far as Denver goes - it's all about Ayton in my opinion. For some reason the Joker complemented Ayton's game a while back and it seemed to give Ayton more confidence competing with the League MVP. I think we have more of a chance than some are giving us but that's nothing new

I think it might be KD that shines in this match up. Gonna be hard for Denver to triple KD with Booker dropping 40 burgers all over the place. We truly have a pick your poison for once in Phx and both are extremely deadly. And Monty Williams, who's only lost a single game with this brand new roster, will have to continue searching for the hot hand on the bench on a game per game basis

Last edited:

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Denver is going to be wanting to pay us back for that sweep two years ago. That's a double edged sword though because if we win this game it's going to really mess with their confidence

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hey, I actually forgot that the Suns did sweep them. Since they have roughly the same players, why should the series be so tough? ...Oh, yeah--they had injuries. Wasn't it one of their starting guards?

Their PG, Jamal Murray, who is a scoring machine. Great young talent who is going to give us fits. He's quick as a hiccup and shows up for big games. Book's defense is going to need to be on point. Wouldn't be surprised if Monty starts Okogie simply to harass Murray. That leaves Book on a Forward but I think we'll see Okogie's minutes expand this series.

Theyre different than 2 years back. Jokic is more efficient, Gordon is settled in, MPJ is more developed as well. Going to be different than 2 years ago, for sure.

DJ Tabooh

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Their PG, Jamal Murray, who is a scoring machine. Great young talent who is going to give us fits. He's quick as a hiccup and shows up for big games. Book's defense is going to need to be on point. Wouldn't be surprised if Monty starts Okogie simply to harass Murray. That leaves Book on a Forward but I think we'll see Okogie's minutes expand this series.

Theyre different than 2 years back. Jokic is more efficient, Gordon is settled in, MPJ is more developed as well. Going to be different than 2 years ago, for sure.
I wonder where they stash CP3 on defense. I’d like to not waste Book on Murray but that will be a fun matchup with the 2 Kentucky guards. They play very similar.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm glad the Suns got Cam Payne's feet wet last night. He has a long way to go to get in game shape.

Hopefully the break between series helps.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
I have heard a lot about our lack of depth going into this series, but what exactly has Denver shown in terms of depth? Most of their starters had to play like 40 minutes a game against the T-Wolves and only one of their bench players routinely put up any sort of numbers. This series will come down to how the starters fair against each other than anything else.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't jinx us Joker. He says the Suns are likely favorites to win the championship.