Playoffs: Suns @ Nuggets Monday game thread 5-1-2023- Game 2

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Our bench flat out sucks. Ayton is so unreliable from game to game, quarter to quarter. KD is pressing too much. Booker can’t do it all. Okoge and Lee were pathetic tonight. James Jones better blow up the bench next year cuz I don’t want to see half of them again

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
How is any of this Monty's fault. He can't make the baskets every single player missed tonight. They shot 40% from the field. That's horrible. That's not a coaching issue, that's a player issue.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some final stats.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Covert Rain

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seriously - what the hell do you want from Monty tonight?
I don’t know….stop experimenting with the lineup and possible go with the guys that got it done down the stretch? First Shamet then you experiment with Ish?! How about some different offensive play sets other than Book isolate, Durant isolate? I get not having Paul isn’t his fault but Monty isn’t blameless.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Right. KD was/is the right move.

The rest of the roster moves however…

The coaching has been an issue masked by talent and some fortunate playoff injuries for 2+ years.
This.

This season was lost in the off-season when our just humiliated team not only jettisoned two pieces of depth but only added Josh Okogie, Jock Landale and Courtney Lee.

In the immortal words of Logan Roy, James Jones and Monty “are not serious people.”

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Our bench flat out sucks. Ayton is so unreliable from game to game, quarter to quarter. KD is pressing too much. Booker can’t do it all. Okoge and Lee were pathetic tonight. James Jones better blow up the bench next year cuz I don’t want to see half of them again

It will be hard to get a better bench unless the Suns trade someone like Ayton. He spent all his chips.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
I don’t know….stop experimenting with the lineup and possible go with the guys that got it done down the stretch? First Shamet then you experiment with Ish?! How about some different offensive play sets other than Book isolate, Durant isolate? I get not having Paul isn’t his fault but Monty isn’t blameless.
LOL.. Ish played 2 mins.

And not saying Monty is blameless. But to keep hammering that he’s the reason for losing is gross ignorance.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We don’t shoot the three well, we don’t defend the three well, we don’t have depth.

We created these problems with the trade.

Our return? An aged superstar having his second straight extremely underwhelming playoffs.
We shoot the three ok normally we were like 7th in percentage, but we sure stunk it up tonight.

trade mainly destroyed our future. Only difference right now is cam Johnson and mikal vs KD. Right now it does seem like those two would help more, but KD just hasn’t played to his normal level.

OP
OP
Covert Rain

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This.

This season was lost in the off-season when our just humiliated team not only jettisoned two pieces of depth but only added Josh Okogie, Jock Landale and Courtney Lee.

In the immortal words of Logan Roy, James Jones and Monty “are not serious people.”
This. This was the type of game where you could have used some players with freaking attitude….like McGee and Crowder. Top that with less depth and lack of front office moves to shore up stuff?

This all started way way before the Suns made the trade with KD.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
We don’t shoot the three well, we don’t defend the three well, we don’t have depth.

We created these problems with the trade.

Our return? An aged superstar having his second straight extremely underwhelming playoffs.
Shocking.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Denver has the better superstar and the better roster. I thought KD would have more impact but he just doesn’t seem like that guy anymore. Giving it one more year before eating crow but my stomach is certainly growling.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Oh don’t worry Jones won’t be making those decisions
I sure hope you are correct. As bad as Monty has been, I'm not sure Jones hasn't been worse. Digging through NBA trash piles for "overachievers" that remind him of himself during his glorious NBA career. Meanwhile, sleeping on all the mid-season pickups that improved every other contender's bench.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
This. This was the type of game where you could have used some players with freaking attitude….like McGee and Crowder. Top that with less depth and lack of front office moves to shore up stuff?

This all started way way before the Suns made the trade with KD.
This team doesn't have a player willing to be the bad guy.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose