Phoenix Suns players Marcus and Markieff Morris charged with counts of felony assault

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Sources say Markieff & Marcus Morris considered suspects in assault case

You must be registered for see images

High-profile twin brothers who play for the Phoenix Suns could be in trouble with the law.

CBS 5 News has learned Markieff Morris and Marcus Morris are part of a possible assault investigation being handled by Phoenix police.

Police confirm they are investigating an alleged assault that occurred around 7:30 p.m. Saturday outside a gym near 15th Avenue and Colter in central Phoenix.

They would not release the name of those involved but sources tell CBS 5 News the Morris brothers are being looked at as suspects in the crime.

The twins recently signed contract extensions with the Suns worth $52 million combined over four years.

The twins are realizing their dream with the Suns of playing in the NBA on the same team.

CBS 5 News asked the Suns organization about the accusations. They had no comment. The Morris twins attended Wednesday's team shoot-around.

The Morris twins also played in Wednesday night's home game against the Wizards.

http://www.kpho.com/story/27968602/phoenix-suns-twin-brothers-tied-to-possible-assault-probe

Last edited:

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sure hope this is a false accusation. The twins just don't seem like the type to do this, but never know...

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns do not need this. I can only hope for the best.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
clayton klapper @claytonklapper

Sources say Suns Markieff & Marcus Morris considered suspects in assault case outside a HS basketball game in PHX over the weekend. @CBS5AZ

10:02 PM - 28 Jan 2015

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
clayton klapper @claytonklapper

Sources say Suns Markieff & Marcus Morris considered suspects in assault case outside a HS basketball game in PHX over the weekend. @CBS5AZ

10:02 PM - 28 Jan 2015

So strange. Guess we shall see how this pans out

OP
OP
sunsfan88

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
The Maricopa County Attorney's Office is investigating an assault case against two Phoenix Suns players.

A spokesman for the Attorney's Office said the case involves forwards Markeif and Marcus Morris.

Sources told ABC15 back in January that a person called 911 from an area near 23rd Avenue and Missouri Avenue asking for the nearest hospital, claiming the person with them had been beaten up.

The injured person was taken to the hospital, but the extent of his injuries are unknown.

Sources tell ABC15 by the time officers arrived to the scene of the alleged assault, several blocks from where 911 was called, the suspects were not there.

Those close to the investigation tell ABC15 the male victim and Morris brothers know each other and detectives are working to determine if the Morris brothers were directly involved.

To be clear, the Morris brothers have not been charged in a crime and a spokesperson for the Phoenix Police Department declined to name any potential suspects.

When ABC15 reached out to the Suns organization, a spokesperson said, "no comment," and declined to speak about the matter.

http://www.abc15.com/sports/sports-...tigated-in-alleged-assault-case-mcao-confirms

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Phoenix Suns' Morris twins accused of assault

http://www.azcentral.com/story/spor...8/suns-morris-twins-accused-assault/25446277/

The Phoenix Suns' Morris twins live by the mantra "Family over everything."

Phoenix police say Marcus and Markieff Morris put those words into action when they and three others committed felony aggravated assault against a man the 25-year-old twins learned had sent "inappropriate" text messages to their mother.

Police have made no arrests and no charges have been filed. A spokesman for the Maricopa County Attorney's Office confirmed Tuesday afternoon that prosecutors are continuing to review the case submitted by police.

For their part, the Morris twins have denied assaulting the reported victim, whom they also claim not to know, and their mother denies having been in contact with the man on the day of the incident, though authorities found evidence to the contrary, the police report shows.

The report shows the alleged victim, Erik Hood, told police he had been a mentor to the twins and supported them financially for a time when they were high school students in Philadelphia. Hood, a former professional basketball player who now works as a talent scout, also showed police photographs of himself with the Morris twins, the report said.

They later had a falling out.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If how Beasley was handled is any indication of how the front office plans on running things they have to ship the Twins off if charges are brought, especially felony assault. I'm sure this will hurt their value but their contracts aren't terrible so maybe it won't hurt that much. I know Tucker got a DUI and that was dealt with internally but felony assault is different. Of course Tucker's situation was a poor decision but thankfully no one was hurt while the Twins set out to cause bodily harm here. I know Beasley had attitude problems and was also a disappointment on the court but just punishing players who don't produce shouldn't be an exception. The Twins should definitely not be part of the core moving forward if this incident goes further, legally.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Sure hope this is a false accusation. The twins just don't seem like the type to do this, but never know...

You mean the type that could lose their temper over something trivial? Yeah, not them at all!

There's just way too many morons on this roster.

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
I'm sure the worst fans in the NBA will have their backs.

HooverDam

Reaction score
You mean the type that could lose their temper over something trivial? Yeah, not them at all!

There's just way too many morons on this roster.

Agreed. This is probably the most unlikeable Suns team since the drug scandal. There have been other teams that were worse, other teams that were more 'blah', but I don't even know if I can really call myself a fan of this team. Just because they wear the purple and orange doesn't mean they aren't turds.

I'd love to see the Morris brother shipped out of town. I just don't see them being key pieces on a great team, we're better off without them. It's just too bad that now their trade value has certainly been diminished.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think young teams tend to be unlikeable when you don't have that one player you believe is going to be a star. I mean people think that there are guys on this roster who have potential but that's not the same thing.

I remember when we drafted Amare, he just appeared to be that guy. He alone made the teams future look bright. I am glad the Suns went young but we are missing that one player IMO that you look at and go....he is our future star.

HooverDam

Reaction score
I think young teams tend to be unlikeable when you don't have that one player you believe is going to be a star. I mean people think that there are guys on this roster who have potential but that's not the same thing.

These guys aren't unlikeable because they don't win, or don't have a high ceiling (though those things don't help). They're unlikable as people. They bash the fans, moan on the court, don't hustle all the time, get DUI's and now get assaults. Bleck.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
These guys aren't unlikeable because they don't win, or don't have a high ceiling (though those things don't help). They're unlikable as people. They bash the fans, moan on the court, don't hustle all the time, get DUI's and now get assaults. Bleck.

That's too broad a brush to stroke. Are you saying the majority of the guys on this team are bad people?

Last edited:

HooverDam

Reaction score
That's too broad a brush to stroke. Are you saying the majority of the guys on this team are bad people?

Probably not the majority, no. But enough that it taints the entire team and makes them unfun to watch or cheer for.

Is there anyone on this team you'd be just super bummed to see the Suns get rid of? Len maybe...besides him....? Maybe Bledsoe? That's not a good place for a franchise to be.

My general point is, I want the Morris idiots gone. They're not great players, but they're decent and on good contracts. Hopefully you can get a late 1st round pick back for them.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Probably not the majority, no. But enough that it taints the entire team and makes them unfun to watch or cheer for.

Is there anyone on this team you'd be just super bummed to see the Suns get rid of? Len maybe...besides him....? Maybe Bledsoe? That's not a good place for a franchise to be.

My general point is, I want the Morris idiots gone. They're not great players, but they're decent and on good contracts. Hopefully you can get a late 1st round pick back for them.

Honestly, I can put up with alot as a fan. We have had guys with mouths before. We have had guys who had brushes with the law before. Unless it's a pattern or serious crime.....I am not sure I care that much. I am not defending them by the way.

However, on the court? To have a likeable team you have to have two things. A solid foundation that is moving in the right direction and that one guy on the team you can say...wow..he is going to be a star. If I have those two things I am good.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Going a little off topic. It seems the Hawks are dealing with some issues right now since they beat the Suns.

See article from ESPN.

Indiana Pacers forward Chris Copeland and two women were stabbed outside a Manhattan nightclub early Wednesday following an argument on the street near a Chelsea club that also led to the arrest of two Atlanta Hawks players, authorities said.

Hawks players Pero Antic and Thabo Sefolosha were arrested on charges of obstructing the crime scene, after police said they blocked officers from trying to start their investigation. The players were in town to play the Brooklyn Nets at the Barclays Center on Wednesday night and had arrived late Tuesday after playing a night game in Atlanta.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/12643882/chris-copeland-indiana-pacers-stabbed-new-york

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson