Reaction score
Originally posted by Cardinals.Ken
self edited for content

TMNT reference! 20 points! :thumbup:

Okay...

Which turtle was your favorite

Oh wait a new pole......:D

just kiddin'

Michael Angelo (the chuckster) yeah baby....

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Originally posted by MadCardDisease
This guy is full of crap.

First he says:

"That’s what happens when you decide not to draft Terrell Suggs — a local product from nearby Arizona State who could have filled your most glaring need for a premium pass rusher and put more fannies in the stands."

Then he says:

"From a pure football standpoint — disregarding the team’s bush-league business approach — the Cardinals’ lack of notable pass catchers is the biggest reason they are considered so lowly in most NFL experts’ eyes at the moment."

Which basically goes against his first statement.

And then he has the gall to say:

"Let me just say that I find little pleasure in ripping the Redbirds to shreds"

Clearly the point of this article was to take a shot at the Cardinals.

so what you're saying is if someone tries to take an objective look at the cardinals' situation, and packs his article full of sarcasm, he's only ripping the cards and there's no truth to his words? or is it just 'cuz you disagree with him. replace every part of his article with bengals and you'd be agreeing with him in past years. you myopic homers drive me crazy. root, root, root for the home team, but don't blind yourself to, and rip others for reporting or providing their opinion of, the truth.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Brady Bunch (circa 1971): "Marsha, Marsha, Marsha, Marsha, Marsha!"

PHXSPORTS4LIFE (circa 2003): "Cheesebeef, Cheesebeef, Cheesebeef, Cheesebeef, Cheesebeef!"

Like my old-man used to say "If you're going to be bad, be the worst, that way people remember you!"

yeah, but as the big brother i've got this damn sense of responsibility that i just can't (fully) shake...

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Brady Bunch (circa 1971): "Marsha, Marsha, Marsha, Marsha, Marsha!"

PHXSPORTS4LIFE (circa 2003): "Cheesebeef, Cheesebeef, Cheesebeef, Cheesebeef, Cheesebeef!"

Like my old-man used to say "If you're going to be bad, be the worst, that way people remember you!"

damn right!

AntSports Steve

Cardinals Future GM
Reaction score
Well, he went easy on the Cards if you ask me. I would have tossed in there a, "... and the Cards have the most of any non-expansion team under the cap ever, with no one left to sign."

And I agree also, the Bengals for the last 13 years or so have taken all the heat as the worst team in the NFL, so the Cards were spared some of the heat.

Now, With the Bengals hiring of a legitmate coach and signing some pretty good free agents, the Bengals appear to be headed out of the cellar.

Now,... If the Cards can run the ball (note, drafted WRs that block well), they will win several games and not be the worst team in the NFL. And I do think the Cards will figure out something at WR.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Ah....sorry my mistake....

What I was talking about was those quotes of you that CalCard was using. I thought (erroneously) that you had edited your post. But one question though

Is it so bad being a Cards fan for you? Because even if I don't like a move that they make, I don't ever question my fanship or would never stop being a fan.

I have questioned whether I would go to home games, but I would never change alliegances to another team. I try to just sit back and enjoy it what ever happens.

Cardinals.Ken

That's Mr. Riff-Raff to you!
Reaction score
Originally posted by PHXSPORTS4LIFE
so what you're saying is if someone tries to take an objective look at the cardinals' situation, and packs his article full of sarcasm, he's only ripping the cards and there's no truth to his words? or is it just 'cuz you disagree with him. replace every part of his article with bengals and you'd be agreeing with him in past years. you myopic homers drive me crazy. root, root, root for the home team, but don't blind yourself to, and rip others for reporting or providing their opinion of, the truth.

Now see, here's my conundrum...

half of my brain sees things like this for their face value, you know, someting called "the truth"...

the other half immediately goes into "protect your own" mode, and I wish to trash on the author for going after my guys...

then the last half wonders what happened to the last Choco-Taco I was saving...

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Originally posted by AntSports Steve
Well, he went easy on the Cards if you ask me. I would have tossed in there a, "... and the Cards have the most of any non-expansion team under the cap ever, with no one left to sign."

And I agree also, the Bengals for the last 13 years or so have taken all the heat as the worst team in the NFL, so the Cards were spared some of the heat.

Now, With the Bengals hiring of a legitmate coach and signing some pretty good free agents, the Bengals appear to be headed out of the cellar.

Now,... If the Cards can run the ball (note, drafted WRs that block well), they will win several games and not be the worst team in the NFL. And I do think the Cards will figure out something at WR.

I kind of feel the same way. The Bengals will be a better team next year, maybe if they get some breaks they could go to the playoffs but that's still a longshot imo.

The Cards could possibly be the worst team, but I would bet that they won't be, we never really have been (at least since I've watched them).

We can hope to win about 7-8 games at best and hope that some of the young talent develops. Several areas of our team could develop into strengths very soon, and I'm confident that it will happen. Defensive line, linebacker, wide receiver all have some young talent that could develop into pretty good players.

HGGs

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
questions

Are opinions welcome on this board that disagree with the unbridled, over the top, ultra-positive optimism that the "regulars" post in each and every message?

Does being a fan of a team mean you ignore all the frustrations and other concerns associated with that team?

If not, why the pounce on any newcomer who dares to speak out against the company line?

Cardinals.Ken

That's Mr. Riff-Raff to you!
Reaction score
Re: questions

Originally posted by HGGs
Are opinions welcome on this board that disagree with the unbridled, over the top, ultra-positive optimism that the "regulars" post in each and every message?

Does being a fan of a team mean you ignore all the frustrations and other concerns associated with that team?

If not, why the pounce on any newcomer who dares to speak out against the company line?

"You are not of The Body! The Lawgivers shall return you to Landru so you may return to The Body!"

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score

If you haven't yet noticed, there are lots of posters here who belabor the negative. The history of this team cannot be ignored. The Arizona Cardinals have been the worst franchise in football since they moved here.

Often though, under the guise of being "realists", the negative posters tend to interpret every Cardinal move as bad. This is as myopic and biased as excusing all the bad moves over the years.

In terms of managing a board, I'll tell you that 3 consecutive days of "Cardinals suck" drives away a lot of fans, leaving the snobby "realists" to converse among themselves and ridicule any positive post.

I didn't start this web site for just one kind of fan. Optimists, pessimists, and every type between those two extremes are welcome - if they behave and tolerate divergent opinions.

If you are not really a Cards fan, and are just here to annoy, I'll ban you. If you are a true Cards fan who just happens to revel in masochism, you are welcome until the point is reached where your bitterness poisons the board, then you'll be warned and banned until and if you learn this board is not yours to destroy.

One poster and one only, claiming to be a Cards fan, has been banned permanently, so you'll find the admins fairly tolerant.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score

What I am saying is first he bashes the Cardinals for not having a pass rusher, not selecting Suggs and trading to get 2 first rounders. Then he bashes the Cardinals for not having WRs.

Clearly by trading for those two first rounders the Cardinals were able to address both needs.

He then goes on to say that the Cardinals were "given" a stadium and neglects to mention that the Bidwill's are paying $110 million of the $355 million project. They are giving more to the project than any other team in the league.

He also stated that nine days after they were awarded the stadium they filed a lawsuit against ASU for money that they owe to the Cardinals. The Cardinals were awarded the staidium over 2 years ago. Clearly he was "Reaching" for as much negative BS as he could make up to bash the Cardinals.

So yes I disagree with him.

OP
OP
H
Reaction score
thank you Skorp, your mention of the "one poster who claimed to be a fan" enlightened me on the issue of a prior acronymed user who I couldn't figure out the identity of.

This must be like what it feels when kids on Jenny Jones figure out who there parents are......ahhhh

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
um, maybe because we still don't have a legitimate #1 or, even an arguable legitimate #2 WR on the roster? that's a reason to be negative. oh yeah, and all that history of losing too . . .
<p>It all goes back to the old adage---is the glass half full or half empty. I've found in life that the people who are really successful are the glass half full people. What's wrong with putting a positive spin on things if it gets you up, makes the day a lot more fun and gives you a general feeling of euphoria. Other people feel this, feed off of it, and tend to live happier, healthier and more productive lives. On the other hand, negativism is self defeating, puts you in a bad mood and makes you less productive. Think about when you're around someone who is moaning and groaning all the time. Not very pleasent people to be around, are they. And if you spend enough time around them, you start to feel depressed and miserable, just like they are. You know the old saying--"misery loves company".<p>Can you be a "realist" with this organization and not be negative? Sure. Take a look at the line-up and tell me this team isn't a lot stronger than it was last year. If you say it isn't, you are not being a "realist". Really look at the roster, at all the players we've added and the depth we acquired. Can't you find something in that to be happy about. Just the thought of Jake being replaced should make you jump for joy. Less mistakes, more points. I've followed this team for over 40 years and I haven't felt this good about this team since the mid 70's. We are finally changing business as usual and in my opinion, it's for the better.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Originally posted by Krangthebrain
Ah....sorry my mistake....

What I was talking about was those quotes of you that CalCard was using. I thought (erroneously) that you had edited your post. But one question though

Is it so bad being a Cards fan for you? Because even if I don't like a move that they make, I don't ever question my fanship or would never stop being a fan.

I have questioned whether I would go to home games, but I would never change alliegances to another team. I try to just sit back and enjoy it what ever happens.

i'll jump to happy's defense here . . . . even as a diehard cards fan, one that came over from the rams when the cards moved here (and didn't go back - i did not root for the rams in either superbowl), i have questioned my fanship. it's natural when you've been bludgeoned year after year by a team's ineptitude. in fact, we should all be questioning not only our fanship, but our intelligence . . . but still i remain a most humble cardinals fan. go team.go team.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Re: Re: questions

Originally posted by Skkorpion
If you haven't yet noticed, there are lots of posters here who belabor the negative. The history of this team cannot be ignored. The Arizona Cardinals have been the worst franchise in football since they moved here.

Often though, under the guise of being "realists", the negative posters tend to interpret every Cardinal move as bad. This is as myopic and biased as excusing all the bad moves over the years.

In terms of managing a board, I'll tell you that 3 consecutive days of "Cardinals suck" drives away a lot of fans, leaving the snobby "realists" to converse among themselves and ridicule any positive post.

I didn't start this web site for just one kind of fan. Optimists, pessimists, and every type between those two extremes are welcome - if they behave and tolerate divergent opinions.

If you are not really a Cards fan, and are just here to annoy, I'll ban you. If you are a true Cards fan who just happens to revel in masochism, you are welcome until the point is reached where your bitterness poisons the board, then you'll be warned and banned until and if you learn this board is not yours to destroy.

One poster and one only, claiming to be a Cards fan, has been banned permanently, so you'll find the admins fairly tolerant.

i like the hodgins signing (whew, got in my one positive post for the day! gotta keep meeting my quota!)

PortlandCardFan

Reaction score
Now see, here's my conundrum...

half of my brain sees things like this for their face value, you know, someting called "the truth"...

the other half immediately goes into "protect your own" mode, and I wish to trash on the author for going after my guys...

then the last half wonders what happened to the last Choco-Taco I was saving...

Cool.... you have 1.5 brains....

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Originally posted by 40yearfan
<p>It all goes back to the old adage---is the glass half full or half empty. I've found in life that the people who are really successful are the glass half full people. What's wrong with putting a positive spin on things if it gets you up, makes the day a lot more fun and gives you a general feeling of euphoria. Other people feel this, feed off of it, and tend to live happier, healthier and more productive lives. On the other hand, negativism is self defeating, puts you in a bad mood and makes you less productive. Think about when you're around someone who is moaning and groaning all the time. Not very pleasent people to be around, are they. And if you spend enough time around them, you start to feel depressed and miserable, just like they are. You know the old saying--"misery loves company".<p>Can you be a "realist" with this organization and not be negative? Sure. Take a look at the line-up and tell me this team isn't a lot stronger than it was last year. If you say it isn't, you are not being a "realist". Really look at the roster, at all the players we've added and the depth we acquired. Can't you find something in that to be happy about. Just the thought of Jake being replaced should make you jump for joy. Less mistakes, more points. I've followed this team for over 40 years and I haven't felt this good about this team since the mid 70's. We are finally changing business as usual and in my opinion, it's for the better.

ya know, you make a really good point. generally i'm a glass is totally full guy. life is generally great, and when it's not, we all have the power to make it so in some regard. in fact, i don't think even us members of the darkside could really be cardinals fans if we weren't really optimists deep down, otherwise we're just dooming ourselves to eternal misery. we all HOPE that a brighter day is ahead, we just aren't ready to jump up and down 'til we see a light at the end of the tunnel bright enough to be sure it's not another train (aka 3-13 season) comin' to whack us again (and again, and again). i just don't think you can make the argument that the glass is half full when our record since the cards arrived here is (including playoffs) 86-156. that's more like the glass is 35.5% full. We'd need a record of 121-121 to be half full.

also, i take a look at our lineup everyday it seems, and though i will agree it is stronger, i can't make that leap of "a lot stronger." i think that's wishful thinkin' instead of trying to take a cold, objective view of the squad. i'm serious about my football, as such, i try to approach it the same way i approach all serious topics, through ration and reason. so, while i can't wait for the season to start, and i can't wait to hopefully see our young guys develop, and can't wait to see ANYONE other than jake under center, i just can't help but see another season where the glass is likely 64.5% empty again . . . it sux, i know, i live it.

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ya know, you make a really good point. generally i'm a glass is totally full guy. life is generally great, and when it's not, we all have the power to make it so in some regard. in fact, i don't think even us members of the darkside could really be cardinals fans if we weren't really optimists deep down, otherwise we're just dooming ourselves to eternal misery. we all HOPE that a brighter day is ahead, we just aren't ready to jump up and down 'til we see a light at the end of the tunnel bright enough to be sure it's not another train (aka 3-13 season) comin' to whack us again (and again, and again). i just don't think you can make the argument that the glass is half full when our record since the cards arrived here is (including playoffs) 86-156. that's more like the glass is 35.5% full. We'd need a record of 121-121 to be half full.

also, i take a look at our lineup everyday it seems, and though i will agree it is stronger, i can't make that leap of "a lot stronger." i think that's wishful thinkin' instead of trying to take a cold, objective view of the squad. i'm serious about my football, as such, i try to approach it the same way i approach all serious topics, through ration and reason. so, while i can't wait for the season to start, and i can't wait to hopefully see our young guys develop, and can't wait to see ANYONE other than jake under center, i just can't help but see another season where the glass is likely 64.5% empty again . . . it sux, i know, i live it.
<p>I like the train analogy:thumbup: <p>Being an eternal optimist, I will believe that every year is the year the Cards turn the corner and will continue to believe that until the train hits me. Maybe I'm a masochist and enjoy the pain:D

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
at least we can agree on the pain!

here's to hopin' that train is really the other end of the tunnel!:rolleyes:

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score

Welcome to the board!

That being said, that post is ********.
Who here hasn't blasted the Cardinals repeatedly?
I know I have, and will continue to do so.
When they deserve it, they get it.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
and you're more than welcome to meet me, beef, section 11, and whomever else wants to join us, in yuma for some ether and hookers! then we fight to the death!

KingofCards

My Hero
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I think Happy plays the skin flute in front of lifesize Jake Plummer posters.

:D