Patrick Peterson: I’ll show I’m the best in the NFL against Megatron

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is that on PP or big plays just happen in some games? PP has been good for us and easily our #1 corner even with the great plays toler has made. If anything, Gay has sucked.

what great plays has toler made?

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score

quite a few. I want him to succeed so whenever he makes a play I notice.

One in the beginning of last game where he knocked the ball out right as a guy was about to catch a tD.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
One that comes to mind was snapping a fumbled ball between his legs while flying thru the air to prevent it from going out of bounds.

Most of the other stuff were unsung plays where he came up to hit the ball-carrier hard or stayed with his man so that the QB threw to a different option.

True, he seems to be only operating at 80% of his potential as he continues to rehab from his injury, but I was tempted to make him #10 out of my Top Ten Cardinal players (in an admittedly weak field - after #7 or 8).

binkar

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I love it. This team is miserable to watch right now. This gave me a reason to get a little more excited Sunday. Why is this a bad thing? It just forces accountability and makes Peterson more focused on playing well so he doesn't look like an idiot. Guaranteeing victories is stupid. This isn't a big deal.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
His PR duties got much worse but he has been a better corner than he was last year, his picks have been outstanding and he has been a bright spot for the D. IMO you are incorrect. He is not the best in the league like he gets credit for but he has been very good. People seem to forget a bunch of our losses have come to QBs with less than 10 completions, PP is a big part of that.

Yeah... remember the huge impact that Brandon Lloyd had against us in the Patriots game? You don't? It's because Patrick Peterson completely erased him from the field.

One reason that we've been able to blitz up the middle more this year and get D-Wash on the path to 10 sacks is that we don't have to rotate a safety over to Peterson's side of the field. Those of you at the game on Sunday watch and see how rare it is that the Cards have to cheat a safety over to Patrick Peterson's side of the field. He's on an island at least 80% of the time.

52brandon

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
9 of the first 12 QB's we faced had their lowest QB rating of the season.
interesting. I hadn't heard that before. That's encouraging to hear. I hope the offense can even play mediocre next year and we should do well. Our division IS and will continue to be tough. SF and SEA are for real this year. STL has a solid D and a few extra 1st and 2nd round picks these next couple years. They will be tough too. Who would have guessed 5 years ago that the NFCW could be the toughest division in the NFL?

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
All mouth. ****** hasn't shown squat this year. Living off last year's laurels.

People as yourself are saying that due to the fact there have been no punt returns. PP is talking about his position, cornerback in this comment. He has played a lot better this year and had what was a difficult highlight interception this season...guess you missed that one. Dude scraped up a interception last game. PP had no laurels except the punt returns last year and was a average to below average CB game to game during that season. This year he has been a solid corner, with moments where he has been a fantastic corner. If he lives off anything, it is unrealistic hype of being the second coming of Deon Sanders.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score

PP21 stats so far this season:

Targeted 60 times
334 yards allowed
3TDd
6 INTs

In 14 games.

You're right. Hasn't shown squat this season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One that comes to mind was snapping a fumbled ball between his legs while flying thru the air to prevent it from going out of bounds.

that was a great play.

other than that, I haven't seen anything special from him.

BIRDGANG
Reaction score

From the guys at profootballfocus who love to rag on the cards:

On the other side, Lions wide receiver Calvin Johnson is having a monster season despite scoring only five touchdowns. He’s had six straight games with at least 100 yards and he’s sixth in the league in Yards/ Route Run at 2.48. His matchups with cornerback Patrick Peterson will be one of the best in the game as Peterson continues to emerge as one of the top cornerbacks in the league in his second season. He’s currently 13th out of the top 72 cornerbacks with 0.97 Yards/Cover Snap and opposing quarterbacks have a QB Rating of 54.2 when throwing his way. It should be a great battle between two of the best athletes at their respective positions.

His return game hasn't been impressive (with our expectations coming into the season), but he didn't say he was going to house 2 punts. He also hasn't had much to work with on his returns and whenever he has a good one it's gotten called back.

that was a great play.

other than that, I haven't seen anything special from him.

5 PD's and 1 INT in limited playing time, in 8 games, while coming back from blowing out his knee is pretty impressive. Toler has been solid.

Last edited:

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
From the guys at profootballfocus who love to rag on the cards:

His return game hasn't been impressive (with our expectations coming into the season), but he didn't say he was going to house 2 punts. He also hasn't had much to work with on his returns and whenever he has a good one it's gotten called back.

5 PD's and 1 INT in limited playing time, in 8 games, while coming back from blowing out his knee is pretty impressive. Toler has been solid.

Well, someone was "all mouth"... :D

Bodha

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I want Mr. Butterfingers to get lit up by Calvin Johnson.

Just lost 58-0 and hes talking about shutting anyone down.

52brandon

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I want Mr. Butterfingers to get lit up by Calvin Johnson.

Just lost 58-0 and hes talking about shutting anyone down.
in Horton's interviews, PP was the only one he said played well last Sunday

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He's starting to make plays on balls in the air that he wasn't making for the first season and a half.

He's really improving and can talk all he wants if he keeps it up.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He's starting to make plays on balls in the air that he wasn't making for the first season and a half.

He's really improving and can talk all he wants if he keeps it up.

agreed.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
By no means did he own Megatron today but Megatron is a super stud and the rules favor the offense to begin with. I will take this kind of performance against a player the caliber of Calvin Johnson anyday. PP played solid