Pat Tillman : A Death Overblown

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm new here, and wanted to stir up discussion with an interesting piece I read.

This was actually making the rounds on the net on Wednesday morning, prior to the now highly publicized article that ran in a college newspaper.

It's from www.WingedDVD.com , and is titled "Pat Tillman : A Death Overblown" ... you can read it by going to the site and there's a graphic in the top right hand corner, it will bring you to the column.

It's a very controversial piece, as it takes the media to task for "Overblowing the death of Pat Tillman" ... and the amazing thing is that it was an original posting, not just hopping on a hot topic, as it ran before the college newspaper article.

I also think I should mention, that the author of the article, Ken Tuccio, has posted a Q&A type piece titled "Ask the Wingleader" where he answers a few questions about the column and the response he has gotten. That too can be found on the main page of www.WingedDVD.com .

Anyways, thought it could make for interesting discussion.

BuckeyeCardinal

Cantankerous Curmudgeon
Reaction score
"Like I said in the previous paragraph, while I appreciate the fact that Pat Tillman gave his life for my freedom (and always will), I don’t hold his death any higher than those who died before him or those who are bound to die after him for the same cause … if I was a betting man, I’d wager good money that that’s exactly the way Pat Tillman would want people to feel."

No one does....but....who amongst us would give up 3.6 million dollars.

The answer is zero.

I'd feel better about this piece if it was written by someone who had put his life on the line for his country. Not knockin the guy cause maybe he has a reason for not defending his country....if he does fine....if he doesn't then ****.

Last edited:

AZZenny

Reaction score
Does anyone know where the photo of Pat running with helmet in hand - the SI cover / large photo at the San Jose service - could be found? I love that picture.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison