Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Particle Fever

Release Date: March 5, 2014 (limited)
Studio: BOND360, Abramorama
Director: Mark Levinson
Screenwriter: Savas Dimopoulos, Nima Arkani-Hamed, Fabiola Gianotti, Monica Dunford, Martin Aleksa, Mike Lamont
Genre: Documentary
MPAA Rating: N/A

Starring: N/A

Plot Summary: Imagine being able to watch as Edison turned on the first light bulb, or as Franklin received his first jolt of electricity.

For the first time, a film gives audiences a front row seat to a significant and inspiring scientific breakthrough as it happens. "Particle Fever" follows six brilliant scientists during the launch of the Large Hadron Collider, marking the start-up of the biggest and most expensive experiment in the history of the planet, pushing the edge of human innovation.

As they seek to unravel the mysteries of the universe, 10,000 scientists from over 100 countries joined forces in pursuit of a single goal: to recreate conditions that existed just moments after the Big Bang and find the Higgs boson, potentially explaining the origin of all matter. But our heroes confront an even bigger challenge: have we reached our limit in understanding why we exist?

Directed by Mark Levinson, a physicist turned filmmaker, from the inspiration and initiative of producer David Kaplan and masterfully edited by Walter Murch ("Apocalypse Now," "The English Patient"), "Particle Fever" is a celebration of discovery, revealing the very human stories behind this epic machine.

You must be registered for see images attach

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
This movie is playing right now up at Shea 14. I saw it last night and it was awesome! I've been following the LHC for almost 10 years, because I'm interested in that sort of thing.

This movie did a fantastic job of making the science understandable to the lay person without being too dumbed down or condescending. It also does a great job following around a few of the scientists, showing us a glimpse into what makes them tick and how invested they are in this whole field. Very, very interesting stuff. I would recommend checking it out if you are even remotely interested in this subject.