Out of curiosity

Discussion in 'Arizona Cardinals' started by Jetstream Green, Dec 2, 2020.

1. Jetstream Green

Jetstream Green Kool Aid with a touch of vodka

You're right, just seems according to their build that Streveler is stockier but I'm wrong

2. Cardsfaninlouky

Cardsfaninlouky Registered

I say put Fotu or Maxx Williams back there as a FB & bulldoze their asses lol.

3. AZman5103

AZman5103 Registered

Honestly, if KK is not considering a short yardage package with Fotu running the ball...then he is not the innovative offensive genius we have been led to believe he is.

We should be considering everything...and a jumbo package with Josh Jones, Maxx Williams at FB, and Fotu running the ball straight ahead seems basically unstoppable in a short yardage situation.

4. GimmedaBall

GimmedaBall Hall of Famer

Now, there's the Beef.

5. Vacard

Vacard Registered

He snuck in before, I don’t know why he doesn’t do it now.

6. GimmedaBall

A visual illusion a result of Streveler standing next to KM, Kirk, Isabella, and Edmonds.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2020
  7. WisconsinCard

WisconsinCard Herfin BIg Time Contributor

Could be, but could also he a fumble waiting to happen. There is usually a reason why players play where they play, and don't play where they can't or never have. But hey SK likes to draft players and move them so what do I know?

8. juza76

juza76 Registered

Fotu was a rugby player, saw videos of him running the ball, guess it's not the issue

9. WisconsinCard

WisconsinCard Herfin BIg Time Contributor

I get it but rugby isn't the same as the NFL. Not saying he can't do it, just probably never has. I'm not adverse to trying something new cuz what we're doing now isn't working.

10. Jetstream Green

Jetstream Green Kool Aid with a touch of vodka

If one talks about a out of position guy getting a yard, then Simmons is one of our best athletes and something tells me he would get a yard if not yards :)

juza76 and daves like this.
  11. GimmedaBall

Watch rugby with the opening scrum--not much different than an OL facing off against a DL on a goal-line stand.

Rugby is NFL football without protective equipment, (some do wear scrum caps that are useless against concussions), or rules protecting the players from ‘unnecessary roughness.’ In fact, the best players are the ones who deliver the biggest hits on unprotected players. Some of the guys have sidesteps that put KM’s runs to shame (check out Cheslin Kolbe on Youtube). Teams ‘offload’ the ball (flip the ball to a teammate just before getting whacked) like a well-oiled basketball team moving down the court. They move the ball down the field via lateral passes that put ‘The Play’ between Stanford and California to shame.

We need to recruit more rugby players to the NFL. Whiners tried out Jarryd Hayne, a star rugby player from Australia, back in 2015. These guys are fearless and I can see some returning kicks and taking a lick and not flinching.

It is sandlot football with no rules or any parents yelling at you that you are going to get hurt.

12. GimmedaBall

13. TheCardFan

TheCardFan Things have changed.

Or we could start giving the dude some credit.

Traded basically nothing (and an albatross contract with DJ) for Chandler Jones, Carson Palmer, and Hopkins. 3 Hall of Fame players. Also got Drake for a 5th.

Had a lot of draft misses but essentially selected 9 of our starters; Murray, Humphries, Kirk, Cole, Allen, Reddick, Thompson, Murphy, and Baker.

Pretty good FA signings recently as well; Beachum, Campbell, Hicks, and Kirkpatrick.

Don't get me wrong...we should be much better off regarding draft picks but lets be balanced.

WisconsinCard, speedy and daves like this.
  14. GimmedaBall

My comment was meant to be a tongue-in-cheek joke. :sarcasm:

SK has his hits and his misses---just like every other GM.

15. AZman5103

AZman5103 Registered

Fotu because of his Rugy days, not just because hes big. Hes used to running with the ball and drive his legs like a bulldozer.

Im struggling to think of a human that could knock Fotu back when he's running with a head of steam.

daves likes this.