OT: Panthers fire Reich

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Agreed. Players deals aren't full guaranteed so why are coaches?

There should be a taper. 1 year guaranteed. 1 year at 50%. That it. Unless otherwise agreed in the contract.
Lotta people wanna protect how billionaires spend their money. :lame:

College coaching contracts are truly deranged. NFL coaching contracts are fine. There's a true market there, more or less.

jbjarko

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

College coaching contracts are truly deranged. NFL coaching contracts are fine. There's a true market there, more or less.

Good point. 25k per day is an enormous amount of money for normal folk. It's literal pocket change for billionaires. They can spend how they please even if it seems unwise to the normal person.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I couldn't care less about owners money. It's just a stupid rule in any line of work. Why should players get average 3 years with 1.5 guaranteed when coaches are getting 5 years full G'd?

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I couldn't care less about owners money. It's just a stupid rule in any line of work. Why should players get average 3 years with 1.5 guaranteed when coaches are getting 5 years full G'd?

Both should be guaranteed. That's the difference between functioning in a free market (coaches) and in a cartel (players).

Don't be mad at the coaches because they have a good deal. Be mad at the owners for not sharing more of the benefits with labor instead of managers.

It's hilarious that you say you're not defending owners' money and then say "Actually these coaches' contracts should be guaranteed because the player contracts aren't guaranteed." Okay guy.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think both can be true. I really liked Reich but it's been tough sledding of late.

If he was behind the Carson Wentz acquisition I'm done with him.
I get the feeling the only reason people believe Reich is still a good HC is because guys like Benjamin Solak and Louis Riddick have sold that to people and they believe he was the spearhead of that 2017-2018 Eagles SB team.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I get the feeling the only reason people believe Reich is still a good HC is because guys like Benjamin Solak and Louis Riddick have sold that to people and they believe he was the spearhead of that 2017-2018 Eagles SB team.
i liked how productive he made old man Rivers and out of the League Carson Wentz on the Colts. Those guys shouldnt have been that productive.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

Worked on me! Sad!

i liked how productive he made old man Rivers and out of the League Carson Wentz on the Colts. Those guys shouldnt have been that productive.

I thought it was innovative to use tail-end veteran starters, for sure. Wentz had a 54.7 QBR (an imperfect metric, to be sure) in Indy and was a catastrophe in crunch time for them. Apparently Irsay (an imperfect owner, to be sure) demanded Wentz's exile.

Also, Wentz is back in the NFL. We saw him for three snaps in garbage time last weekend.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Worked on me! Sad!

I thought it was innovative to use tail-end veteran starters, for sure. Wentz had a 54.7 QBR (an imperfect metric, to be sure) in Indy and was a catastrophe in crunch time for them. Apparently Irsay (an imperfect owner, to be sure) demanded Wentz's exile.

Also, Wentz is back in the NFL. We saw him for three snaps in garbage time last weekend.
What 3 snaps? Im pretty sure that game ended somewhere in the 2nd Qrt. ha

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Is this based off of vibes?

It's based off him going 10-6, 7-9, 11-5 and 9-8 with a different QB every single year.

Going 9-8 with Wentz was miraculous on it's own.

Are we going to do the thing where you are sure he's not good because he couldn't turn Matt Ryan's corpse into gold?

Heck, look at BB since Brady left. I guess he's garbage now.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Even with the Carolina debacle (1-10), Frank Reich has a higher winning % as a coach than guys like Dan Campbell and Zac Taylor.

Before Carolina - he was .01 in winning % away from guys like Shanahan, Carroll, Vrabel, and Pederson.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Going 9-8 with Wentz was miraculous on it's own.
Also a red flag when it seems he was probably the guy to bring Wentz in.
Are we going to do the thing where you are sure he's not good because he couldn't turn Matt Ryan's corpse into gold?
He might have been good before, but clearly he has not been good in years. The game is looking like it has passed him by. Also says something that Shane Steichen is producing greatly with an offense led by a meme guy in Gardner Minshew.
Heck, look at BB since Brady left. I guess he's garbage now.
He's not garbage, but I think it's obvious that Brady was the main man driving that ship for as long as they worked together.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard