OT: Need some help re: football music

ds512az

All Star
Reaction score
Alright Cards fanatics, I need some help here. I'm working on a photo/DVD semi movie thing for my son's flag football team. And I have run out of ideas for background music. I have used the typical NFL "Football... is America's game..." type music already. Tried some other classical kind of stuff, but it just isn't cutting it. I need some ideas for music that would/could be football related, but that 7-8 year olds could get in to.

Any help out there? :thumbup:

OP
OP
ds512az

ds512az

All Star
Reaction score
Thanks. I was thinking of using "Stop the Rock" by Apollo 440 also. They play that sometimes at the stadium, and he knows that one. The only way he knows "We are the Champions" is from the movie "Chicken Little" :)

OP
OP
ds512az

ds512az

All Star
Reaction score
Try to stay away from "It's Raining Men."

Man, a guy can not get a break on this board. No matter how hard I try to remember that this is supposed to be a "family oriented" site. There are always some who have to ruin my experience every time I come here.

It was a simple question. If you didn't have a constructive, simple reply... then don't reply.

Thanks Red Dawn & dreamcast. At least some here are civil.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man, a guy can not get a break on this board. No matter how hard I try to remember that this is supposed to be a "family oriented" site. There are always some who have to ruin my experience every time I come here.

It was a simple question. If you didn't have a constructive, simple reply... then don't reply.

It was only a reference to the "football" music the Cards use to play ( maybe still do). Perhaps it was in bad taste. My apologies.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

ds. Get some thicker skin. You can't take anything Mulli says seriously.

Case in point. He believes Jennifer Connelly looks better than Megan Fox.

Jay Cardinal

Die Hard Cardinals Fan
Reaction score
How about "Move Along" by All-American Rejects. It seems to me the Cards have made it their favorite song to play after home touchdowns.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Go download some of the tracks by Sam Spence. He did almost all the NFL Films music.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Check out tunes by:

- Dixie Dregs

- Joe Walsh (Punk 49)

- Blue Oyster Cult (Don't Fear the Reaper, Before the Kiss (Redcap - the studio version only) and Buck's Boogie.

- I could see stuff by Prokoviev (sp) or Tchaikowski (sp) appropriate for snow games.

- How about Focus (Hocus Pocus) for fan shots?

I don't think anyone's done it yet, but some of ELP's music probably would work.

I imagine you'll be creating several soundtrack subcategories (i.e. 1. sustaining long drives on the ground, 2. The Barry Sanders razzle dazzle run, 3. Wideouts soaring through the air etc. Different music would work for each subcategory.

Lloydian

Registered
Reaction score
You know, at most games, there comes a point when the PA system plays a snippet of American Hi-Fi's "The Art of Losing." It's infectious as long as you don't think about the song's name.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RedzBetz