OT: Melvin Gordon busted

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Broncos' Melvin Gordon charged with DUI

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...dui-expected-to-be-arraigned-in-mid-november/

Guy has developed a habit of making bad decisions. Starting with his holdout with Chargers.

the police report stated that Gordon was pulled over for going 71 mph in a 35 mph zone. Once Gordon was pulled over, the report claims Gordon's speech was slurred and his breath had a "moderate odor" of an unknown alcoholic beverage. He was swaying and officers also reportedly noticed his eyes were watery. Gordon then consented to voluntary field sobriety tests, performed "unsatisfactorily" and was arrested. Paramedics also drew blood, and those test results are pending.

Every lawyer advises do not blow and do not allow blood draw. 4 more bad decisions.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
right after I trade for a RB thinking lindsey will barely get touches with gordon playing as well as he did last week

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
right after I trade for a RB thinking lindsey will barely get touches with gordon playing as well as he did last week

If he isn't going to be arraigned until mid november, he likely won't be punished before then.

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know. I thought attorneys almost always advise clients to take the test. If they don't, their license is automatically suspended.

It does get temporarily suspended, but you could avoid jailtime/major fines by refusing. Plus it can get reinstated depending on the court action.

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The refusal of the test and his license (actually, right to drive) (in our state) has nothing to do with the courts and whether he is found guilty of the DUI. Two separate issues.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
As a Broncos fan, they have turned into a complete dumpster fire under Elway and (as much so) the people above him. They desperately need new ownership and a housecleaning of upper management. The personnel decisions have been terrible.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
Why do you continue posting you fantasy on the Cardinals board? Most of us have a fantasy team but there is a separate forum for that.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why do you continue posting you fantasy on the Cardinals board? Most of us have a fantasy team but there is a separate forum for that.
I just got mostert since cook is out for a few weeks.

Sent from my motorola edge plus using Tapatalk

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know. I thought attorneys almost always advise clients to take the test. If they don't, their license is automatically suspended.
I think in az, if you won't take the breathalizer, they call a judge, get a warrant and take blood or something like that.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I think in az, if you won't take the breathalizer, they call a judge, get a warrant and take blood or something like that.

So they force a blood draw even if you refuse? How does that work?

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No one cares. Post on the fantasy forum. This is the Cardinal's forum, you know, real football.
I was giving you useless information because you were bitching about it. Sorry you didn't catch on.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So they force a blood draw even if you refuse? How does that work?
Honestly, I'm not the guy to ask. I've read about it before but I don't remember the information. Something about judges being on call 24/7 to issue the warrants and etc

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Honestly, I'm not the guy to ask. I've read about it before but I don't remember the information. Something about judges being on call 24/7 to issue the warrants and etc

I figured refusing a test but losing your license is better than losing your license anyway and having a DUI on your record. I guess the reason people blow is because they’re nervous and not thinking or just think they’ll pass.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Just because you refuse to take the test does not mean you cannot be convicted of a dui and that the charge(s) will be dismissed. The officer still has to have probable cause to make the arrest. I. E., you're driving behavior, you're personal balance (swaying, stumbling, etc.), the tests that they put you thru, odor on your breath, personal demeanor, etc.

All these can/are testified to in court. There is a lot more to it than just the breathalyzer. :)

ReasonableMan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Just because you refuse to take the test does not mean you cannot be convicted of a dui and that the charge(s) will be dismissed. The officer still has to have probable cause to make the arrest. I. E., you're driving behavior, you're personal balance (swaying, stumbling, etc.), the tests that they put you thru, odor on your breath, personal demeanor, etc.

All these can/are testified to in court. There is a lot more to it than just the breathalyzer. :)
Weaker evidence that’s harder to get in at trial.