OT: It could be worse...we aren't Denver.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know a lot of people think that Kliff is a terrible coach, and he does quite a bit of things to prove that true.

At least we aren't the Denver Broncos right now. Their new HC has been so poor, fans and the media are calling for his head after 2 games. His game/clock management skills have been so bad, the 70,000 people in the stands has had to literally count down the play clock to assist.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

The story is absolutely huge here in the Denver market, and this is after a win...

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I know a lot of people think that Kliff is a terrible coach, and he does quite a bit of things to prove that true.

At least we aren't the Denver Broncos right now. Their new HC has been so poor, fans and the media are calling for his head after 2 games. His game/clock management skills have been so bad, the 70,000 people in the stands has had to literally count down the play clock to assist.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

The story is absolutely huge here in the Denver market, and this is after a win...

To be fair. Kliff was this bad when he started as HC.

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He was supposed to be some up & coming sort of mastermind play caller. There was talk that Aaron Rodgers really wanted to play for him in Denver. So far the Broncos offense has looked very bad.
It has been so poor, Points Bet has decided that anyone who placed a bet for Russell Wilson for MVP will be getting their money back in the form of a free bet...

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No he wasn't. You haven't seen how bad Hackett has been.

He hasn't been Hackett bad but he was pretty bad. I remember there was a big screw up in the Lions game when Patricia was HC. Kliff messing up the clock and timeout.

There were quite a few early on.

It's something a lot of new HC's struggle with.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No he wasn't. You haven't seen how bad Hackett has been.
Apparently the Bears were down to Hackett and Eberflus and even with a poor offensive start in Chicago, Chicago is happy they didn't end up with Hackett!! That says a lot!

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There was this one too

I'm not debating that Kliff has had to waste time outs. I'm debating whether he was as bad as you say he was the first two games of his career.

He wasn't.

Hackett's first game has some people saying that the clock management was as bad as they have EVER seen.

Then just this week. You can see what happened above. Also.

One of the most notable sequences was extraordinarily frustrating for Denver fans. It saw the Broncos call an option run on third-and-1 from Houston's 35-yard line with tight end/fullback Andrew Beck. The Texans snuffed out the play and stopped Beck for a loss.

As questionable as that play call was, the follow-up was worse. The Broncos waffled on whether to go for it on fourth-and-2 or to kick a 54-yard field goal. Eventually, they opted for the latter option, but by the time Brandon McManus and the field goal unit got onto the field, the play clock had run out, resulting in a delay of game penalty.

Then, instead of trying for a 59-yard field goal at the high altitude in Denver, the Broncos opted to punt.

When you tried a 64 yarder last week with arguably the best kicker in the NFL, they punt instead of a 59 yarder.

My guess is that you really haven't seen any of the first two Bronco games.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm not debating that Kliff has had to waste time outs. I'm debating whether he was as bad as you say he was the first two games of his career.

He wasn't.

Hackett's first game has some people saying that the clock management was as bad as they have EVER seen.

Then just this week. You can see what happened above. Also.

When you tried a 64 yarder last week with arguably the best kicker in the NFL, they punt instead of a 59 yarder.

My guess is that you really haven't seen any of the first two Bronco games.

Oh no he wasn't Hackett bad this early, but it's only been a couple of games. Kliff was still making weird timeouts and clock decisions into year 2.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
With Kyler's admission that the second half of LV game was backyard football it leads me to believe he may have tuned KK out and did his own thing. It would be sad if the reason Murray didn't play in preseason is he feels he doesn't need to master this offense because it ain't working due to either not having the right personnel or the system isn't evolving to prevent DC's from stopping it on a weekly basis.

Kyler is going to become this dude:
You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With Kyler's admission that the second half of LV game was backyard football it leads me to believe he may have tuned KK out and did his own thing. It would be sad if the reason Murray didn't play in preseason is he doesn't need to master this offense because it ain't working due to either not having the right personnel or the system isn't evolving to prevent DC's from stopping it on a weekly basis.

Kyler is going to become this dude:
You must be registered for see images attach
Jamie Foxx?

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Apparently the Bears were down to Hackett and Eberflus and even with a poor offensive start in Chicago, Chicago is happy they didn't end up with Hackett!! That says a lot!
Mulli texts me all the time about Chicago, They really are happy they didn't get Hackett. (could there be a more fitting name for his start)

Dan H

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Frank Reich is on the hot seat in Indy as well, especially since Wentz is lighting it up in Washington and Matt Ryan looks like ass.

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
bump.

Man this Denver team is imploding...

LA Redbird

All Star
Reaction score
That was one of the worst games I have ever watched. And I survived the Bugel, McGinnis, and Tobin eras. Honestly, I don't know what is the worst game I ever saw, so it's quite possible last night's game was just that.

Btw, Wilson can't cook. He looks cooked.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
I thought it was so bad I turned it off at half time. Judging from the final score I didn't miss anything.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose