OT: Former Card Marcus Cooper pulls a Leon Lett move

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
He's lucky it didnt cost them the game.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Total "me" play. I get disgusted when I see guys like this choose themselves (attention) over their team.

Kudos to the Steeler player that hustled all the way to make that play.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Too bad since it was an impressive catch off the deflection.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
Not even close to the Leon Lett incident, this takes stupid to a whole other level. It happens almost every year, when are these dudes going to get it. Just get into the end zone and then you can whoop it up.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:shrug: Seems pretty similar to Leon Lett's Super Bowl incident to me!
You must be registered for see images attach

Maybe you were thinking of Leon Lett's Thanksgiving incident in the snow vs. the Dolphins.

I was at the Ravens vs. Bengals game in Ed Reed's rookie year where he started holding the ball out & high-stepping around the 8 yard line after an interception, and got stripped by T.J. Houshmandzadeh. I declared that that selfish idiot would never amount to anything in the NFL. :biglaugh:

...dave

Last edited:

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Didn't Cooper do something monumentally stupid last year too?

I cant remember, it's all just a blur of losing and suck.

Maybe you were thinking of Leon Lett's Thanksgiving incident in the snow vs. the Dolphins.

I was at the Ravens vs. Bengals game in Ed Reed's rookie year where he started holding the ball out & high-stepping around the 8 yard line after an interception, and got stripped by T.J. Houshmandzadeh. I declared that that selfish idiot would never amount to anything in the NFL. Ha!

...dave

RE: the Thxgiving incident....

I still remember that play like it was yesterday. My brother in law is the most obnoxious Cowboy fan, and I got to watch him go from whooping/screaming/celebrating,,,,, to total shock and despair. It was damn near poetic. :)

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Total "me" play. I get disgusted when I see guys like this choose themselves (attention) over their team.

Kudos to the Steeler player that hustled all the way to make that play.
As did Don Beebe in that Super Bowl. No one likes to be shown up. And this is why I absolutely abhor hot dogging. You want to dance around like an idiot after you actually score the TD, fine but to act like a fool and not score because of it, if I were the coach he wouldn't have seen another minute of the game. Same with DeSean Jackson who dropped the ball on the 5 yard line on what was to have been his first NFL TD. Leon Lett was just a ****** so for him it's expected.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
Give the guy a break. He probably didn't know where the end zone was/began, since he had never had the ball in his hands to see it from that perspective.

I remember a time about 25 yrs ago when a Cardinal would do some bonehead play every week which actually cost us game after game. Some were so lame and unique I bet the refs were even confused as to what just happened.

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score

I was at the Ravens vs. Bengals game in Ed Reed's rookie year where he started holding the ball out & high-stepping around the 8 yard line after an interception, and got stripped by T.J. Houshmandzadeh. I declared that that selfish idiot would never amount to anything in the NFL. :biglaugh:

...dave

Thanks for posting that. Don Beebe has always been one of my favorites, just because of that play.

I think he is a motivational speaker or something today.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Give the guy a break. He probably didn't know where the end zone was/began, since he had never had the ball in his hands to see it from that perspective.

I remember a time about 25 yrs ago when a Cardinal would do some bonehead play every week which actually cost us game after game. Some were so lame and unique I bet the refs were even confused as to what just happened.

......I am being such a PITA right now, but Cooper does know where the endzone is since he had a pick-6 for us last year.....LOL.

He screwed up, and he knows it. They still won, no harm, no foul

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score

...dave

You are correct sir. I was thinking of the thanksgiving game. I had completely forgot about that play.