OT: Dallas Cowboys Legend Deion Sanders Has Toes Amputated

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Dallas Cowboys Legend Deion Sanders Has Toes Amputated​

Last year was a challenging season for former Dallas Cowboys star Deion Sanders, and now we know why.

In an Instagram post Tuesday morning, former Dallas Cowboys defensive back Deion Sanders revealed that he recently lost a pair of toes due to amputation. Sanders began experiencing blood clots in his left foot after a series of past surgeries.

"The hardest thing of it all was to look down there and see that," Sanders said in the social media post. "To understand that at one time, you were this type of athlete. And now, you don't even know if you will be able to walk again.''

During his second season as coach of the Jackson State Tigers, Sanders began dealing with health problems that hospitalized him for a month during the 2021 campaign. Despite losing their head coach, the Tigers finished with a 13-4 record while taking home the 17th SWAC championship in school history.

A preview of Sanders' circumstances will be featured on the next episode of "Coach Prime" — a six-part docuseries chronicling the Hall-of-Famer's first season as coach of Jackson State. Sanders spent much of last season coaching from a wheelchair on the sidelines of Jackson State.

Said Sanders: All you feel is pain."

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow - that sucks. The toll pro athletes put on their bodies is enormous

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I remember seeing a picture forgot from where, his toes (before amputation) looked mangled. Its amazing how well he played despite what I can imagine being really painful.
You must be registered for see images attach

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
he had turf toe a bunch of times while playing I wonder if that's connected?