OT - Customized Jersey Help

devilfan02

Registered
Reaction score
It was great seeing Plummer back in Glendale today and it inspired me to look into getting a red Cardinals customized Plummer jersey. I just tried to order one on NFL.com but it won't let me complete the order.

It's telling me that my order (#16 with Plummer on the back) doesn't confrom with their rules. I find that odd since I've seen folks wearing the same jersey I'm trying to buy.

Does anyone have any tips/recommendations on how to get around this? Thanks in advance and Go Cards

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is odd. I tried #17/Hart and got the same response. Saw this in the description:

Player names cannot be printed on the team's jersey from which they retired

Now I can go to the NHL shop site, pull up the Flyers, pick a jersey, put #1 on it and the name Parent with no problem.

Last edited:

BillsCarnage

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
My guess is that since he's not active maybe that's why it won't complete. The people you see might have had it made (or bought) at the team shop.

Sounds like your trying to customize a jersey with a name the NFL has rights to.

OP
OP
devilfan02

devilfan02

Registered
Reaction score
This is odd. I tried #17/Hart and got the same response.

I was able to find the rules which don't make any sense. What's the point of offering "customized" jerseys if you can only get jerseys of active players??? I'm going to assume that its an error on the NFL's part. I'll probably call them tomorrow. Here are the rules -

Player names must match the current team rosters and the team for which they currently play.
Retired player names cannot be printed on the team's jersey from which they retired.
Adult and youth jerseys have a maximum of 10-12 characters.
Characters accepted are capital A-Z and spaces in the name field; 0-9 in the number field. Each space counts as one (1) character.
No slang, phrases or profanity will be accepted.

OP
OP
devilfan02

devilfan02

Registered
Reaction score
My guess is that since he's not active maybe that's why it won't complete. The people you see might have had it made (or bought) at the team shop.

Sounds like your trying to customize a jersey with a name the NFL has rights to.

Good call - didn't think of the Team Shop

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I was able to find the rules which don't make any sense. What's the point of offering "customized" jerseys if you can only get jerseys of active players??? I'm going to assume that its an error on the NFL's part. I'll probably call them tomorrow. Here are the rules -

Player names must match the current team rosters and the team for which they currently play.
Retired player names cannot be printed on the team's jersey from which they retired.
Adult and youth jerseys have a maximum of 10-12 characters.
Characters accepted are capital A-Z and spaces in the name field; 0-9 in the number field. Each space counts as one (1) character.
No slang, phrases or profanity will be accepted.
The odd thing is, what if my last name was Plummer, Hart, Gray, Lomax, or even Gay, like Saints DB Randall Gay. Their custom jersey rules are ridiculously stupid. IIRC putting Mexico on the back of a jersey is also forbidden mostly thanks to Mike Vick.

jw7

Woof!
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Weird. I once saw a guy at the game with a #75 Leonard Davis Jersey. Except it didn't say "Davis" on the back. It said "False Start".

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
You can get it customized at the team shop - and he doesn't have to be an active player.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard