OT: An ASFN'er needs assistance: Bob Chebat

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
An ASFN'er needs our help.

Bob Chebat is one of the legends - going back several incarnations of what is now the messsage board known as ASFN.

He is out of a job, facing hip surgery, and looking to move to Tennessee to be with family. It is killing him to beg for help, but he is at his wit's end.

Share a few bucks if you are able and please spread the word - share this Go Fund Me with others.

Thanks,

BIM (on behalf of Bob)

https://www.gofundme.com/24uwxr3k

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Every little bit helps

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Done. Many of you might remember helping my son last year at this time when he was in a coma with pancreantitis. It was a tremendous help and uplifting for me and my son
I will never forget.

Prayers along with my humble donation.

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score
Off to a $590 start---let's keep it going for Bob and his family!

Bob Chebat

The Silencer!
Reaction score
I would like to thank everyone for their support. It's most humbling and I am deeply grateful to everyone. The hip x-rays show no trouble, so they are going to have to do an MRI. Insurance must approve it and it needs to be scheduled. Medication has helped ease the pain, but I don't like taking it.

Also, I am in the planning stages of moving with a target time frame of late July-September. Much depends on the failing health of my mother. I appreciate the help, prayers, positive energy you all are providing for me. Again, the most sincere thanks to everyone.

justAndy

Jolly Nihilist
Reaction score
Though I don't know you personally, I trust BIM and am glad to help a fellow ASFNer. Be well.

Sent from my LG-H343 using Tapatalk

Bob Chebat

The Silencer!
Reaction score
Update: Continuous Thanks to all!

About 3 weeks have passed since the x-rays on my hip and I am still waiting on insurance to approve the MRI. Thanks to something that popped in my lower back the other night, the pain has decreased and I am able to function somewhat normally for now.

In the meantime, I have still had no responses from work places I have applied at and the focus has shifted to leaving Arizona by the middle of July. Bills are piling up and with no income, well, it is what it is.

All that is left now is to set the date. My main objective is to be with my daughter and grandkids. Thank you all for your past and continuous support.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
About 3 weeks have passed since the x-rays on my hip and I am still waiting on insurance to approve the MRI. Thanks to something that popped in my lower back the other night, the pain has decreased and I am able to function somewhat normally for now.

In the meantime, I have still had no responses from work places I have applied at and the focus has shifted to leaving Arizona by the middle of July. Bills are piling up and with no income, well, it is what it is.

All that is left now is to set the date. My main objective is to be with my daughter and grandkids. Thank you all for your past and continuous support.

Make sure you apply for financial assistance. You will be amazed at the "discount".

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

Best of luck with everything and glad to hear the good news regarding your health. If you need help with employment, please pm me and we may be able to work something out. My brother has an upper level job with a real estate company in Arizona. Just need to know your prior experience and such to see what can fit.

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
What up Bob' send a prayer all works out for you! Long time no see all the vet Cards fans will know Bob! Bump again for Bob!

I Love the way this Board is so supportive of each other as a 17 year long poster'' This is easiest the best group out there

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corkman