OT: 1st Post Stallworth DUI Arrest

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
Owen Schmitt

Seahawks' Owen Schmitt arrested on suspicion of drunken driving
Seahawks fullback Owen Schmitt was arrested on suspicion of DUI Saturday in Black Diamond.
By Danny O'Neil

Seattle Times staff reporter

Schmitt, 24, was pulled over by Black Diamond police around midnight for speeding. He was subsequently arrested for drunken driving after his blood-alcohol content was measured at .151 and .161, according to State Patrol records. The legal limit in Washington is .08.
Arraignment is scheduled for July 8.
A written statement from Schmitt was released this morning by the Seahawks.
"I sincerely apologize to the team, the NFL, the fans and my family and friends for my actions and my poor judgment," Schmitt said. "I fully understand the seriousness of this matter, and I am disappointed in myself. I am committed to earning back the trust of everyone affected."
Schmitt was drafted in 2008 out of West Virginia and played mainly special teams as a rookie. He is expected to be the starting fullback in 2009 after the departure of Leonard Weaver, who signed with Philadelphia as a free agent in March.
Danny O'Neil: 206-464-2365 or [email protected]

i think it shows an absolute lack of understanding and intelligence

coming off the heels of the stallworth incident and the chatter of the NFL wanting to clean up their image and working on new punishments for anyone associated with a team or the league who gets a DUI this beacon of smarts goes out and gets popped ......... so he gets to be the test case

not that it's a great thing to do anyhow, because it isn't regardless of timing ....... but when a wakeup call and warning is presented it seems like the message could still hold within a couple weeks

i think he'll get 4 games and maybe some extra goodies from the league

so dumb ...... kind of kills the run away beer truck fun as well

overall just a mistake and he doesn't have a string of this stuff ........ but very stupid mistake and even more idiotic considering the timing

SuperSpck

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Owen Schmitt

i think it shows an absolute lack of understanding and intelligence

coming off the heels of the stallworth incident and the chatter of the NFL wanting to clean up their image and working on new punishments for anyone associated with a team or the league who gets a DUI this beacon of smarts goes out and gets popped ......... so he gets to be the test case

not that it's a great thing to do anyhow, because it isn't regardless of timing ....... but when a wakeup call and warning is presented it seems like the message could still hold within a couple weeks

i think he'll get 4 games and maybe some extra goodies from the league

so dumb ...... kind of kills the run away beer truck fun as well

overall just a mistake and he doesn't have a string of this stuff ........ but very stupid mistake and even more idiotic considering the timing

AND as a FB Goodell will have NO problem dropping the hammer.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave