OKC vs LAL

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
When these two teams meet in the playoffs next year, will Derek Fisher still be able to hold Nash without being called for a foul?

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I dont think this move addresses the Lakers problems against OKC. They had matchup problems all over the place and now pitting Nash vs Westbrook will only exasperate their struggles of stopping the Thunder's constant penetration.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I dont think this move addresses the Lakers problems against OKC. They had matchup problems all over the place and now pitting Nash vs Westbrook will only exasperate their struggles of stopping the Thunder's constant penetration.

Getting Grant Hill will help, and now the Thunder will have to work harder stopping the Lakers offense. I think it will be a good series.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Unless the Lakers acquire D12, they are still inferior to the Thunder.

Thunder are many years younger, deeper, much more athletic, and better coached. Basically, anything the Lakers throw at them, the Thunder can counter. Right now, the hierarchy in the West IMO is:

1. OKC
2. Lakers
3. Clippers (retained Billups and signed Crawford today)
4. Spurs

...and depending on how the Clippers mesh, they could supplant the Lakers this season.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Unless the Lakers acquire D12, they are still inferior to the Thunder.

Thunder are many years younger, deeper, much more athletic, and better coached. Basically, anything the Lakers throw at them, the Thunder can counter. Right now, the hierarchy in the West IMO is:

1. OKC
2. Lakers
3. Clippers (retained Billups and signed Crawford today)
4. Spurs

...and depending on how the Clippers mesh, they could supplant the Lakers this season.

Not sure how the Clippers moves are positive ones. Billups is old and coming off a devastating injury. Crawford is terrible.

Broseph

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I think OKC is still the team to beat in the west even with the Lakers landing Nash. We're talking about an almost 40 year old PG Nash, not an early 30's Nash. He's still a solid player, but he's not in his prime anymore.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Lakers choked away two games against OKC this season. Should have been up 3-1 with a home game remaining.

Nash changes their offense immeasurably.

Joe L

The people's champ
Reaction score
Not sure how the Clippers moves are positive ones. Billups is old and coming off a devastating injury. Crawford is terrible.

We have arguably one of the deepest benches now. Odom, Crawford, Bledsoe, and maybe Nick Young gives us a good edge on most teams. Next season, Bledsoe becomes a star...Watch.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The Lakers have experience, and you add Nash's playmaking ability and consistency, it will be very hard for younger teams to overcome.

I think OKC can beat the Lakers, but I thought the older, more experienced Heat rolled OKC in the finals with their talent and experience. OKC just doesn't have it yet. But every year they are gaining it. Will this year be the year? Maybe. But the Lakers just added both talent and experience. Kobe, Gasol, and Bynum are going to get the ball in ways they've never got them before. It's going to be the easiest time they ever had to score. LA will be able to keep up with anyone in scoring, and they should be consistent. OKC has some terrible free throw shooters....whereas the Lakers will have Nash and Kobe for late game situations.

It's hard to favor either. But OKC lost to Heat due to inexperience, so for them it was a factor, and so could still be this year.

Last edited:

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score

A Nash/Kobe/Hill/Gasol/Howard starting five is ridiculously good, among the best in NBA history. Of course you have to make the parts work and I wonder if they trade Gasol for more of a stretch four but that team would be impossible to stop offensively.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
We have arguably one of the deepest benches now. Odom, Crawford, Bledsoe, and maybe Nick Young gives us a good edge on most teams. Next season, Bledsoe becomes a star...Watch.

I like Bledsoe but Odom was downright awful last year. Crawford and Young are just gunners and their interior defense is still really weak. They'll have home court in the first round but I think they are too flawed right now to seriously contend.

Joe L

The people's champ
Reaction score
I like Bledsoe but Odom was downright awful last year. Crawford and Young are just gunners and their interior defense is still really weak. They'll have home court in the first round but I think they are too flawed right now to seriously contend.

Odom went through a lot last year. From watching someone die in a car accident, to being moved. He is just one season removed from winning the six man award. Crawford was utilized as a point guard after the Felton project went bust. I think he was unhappy there so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. Crawford is also a past six man award winner. That's 2 legit bench players right there.

CP3 was the one who wanted him. He also said Billups was his priority. I would have rather went after Courtney Lee but I ain't mad. Now we have guys who can hit free throws. If Odom has a chip on his shoulder, I'll be looking forward to great things next season.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Crawford is a high volume scorer on sub par efficiency and isn't a very good defender, Barbosa won a 6th man of the year award doing basically the same thing. If you want to believe Odom has his head in the game I won't stop you but after how terrible he was last year I'll wait until I see it for myself.

I don't like Billups at SG, I like Butler but he hasn't looked the same since injury, at lest no consistently and I think defensively a Griffin/Jordan front court is pretty bad and behind the other contenders in the West. A lot will have to go right for the Clippers to seriously challenge the top teams imo.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
A Nash/Kobe/Hill/Gasol/Howard starting five is ridiculously good, among the best in NBA history. Of course you have to make the parts work and I wonder if they trade Gasol for more of a stretch four but that team would be impossible to stop offensively.

Well, if they get Howard it changes things.

And personally I am not that worried about the Lakers landing Hill. I think his last legs came off about 7 months ago.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
The egos of Kobe and Bynum will get in the Lakers way.

Kobe wll be jealous of Nash and freeze him out and Bynum will pout as he falls back to the #3 option while Gasol will get the biggest boost from Nash. Gasol will then more than ever believe that Kobe is the reason the team can't play up to its potential because he should have a bigger role in the offense.

Oh and they still have Mike Brown who is bound to make every mistake Terry Porter made with Nash and Shaq. Now it will be Bynum and Nash if Brown still wants to increase the role of Bynum.

Sabotaging our rival from within Steve, smart thinking.

Last edited:

cly2tw

Reaction score
The Lakers choked away two games against OKC this season. Should have been up 3-1 with a home game remaining.

Nash changes their offense immeasurably.

agree.

The egos of Kobe and Bynum will get in the Lakers way.

Kobe wll be jealous of Nash and freeze him out and Bynum will pout as he falls back to the #3 option while Gasol will get the biggest boost from Nash. Gasol will then more than ever believe that Kobe is the reason the team can't play up to its potential because he should have a bigger role in the offense.

Oh and they still have Mike Brown who is bound to make every mistake Terry Porter made with Nash and Shaq. Now it will be Bynum and Nash if Brown still wants to increase the role of Bynum.

Sabotaging our rival from within Steve, smart thinking.

hopefully:D

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The 1 on 1 offense (OKC) Vs The pick and roll offense (LAL)

I'll take the Lakers offense for the win...

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well, if they get Howard it changes things.

And personally I am not that worried about the Lakers landing Hill. I think his last legs came off about 7 months ago.

I think you are right about Hill. He plays well about every other game, and next year it might be one out of three.

Honestly, as much as I like Nash, we have seen some of that with him as well. Although, playing with Kobe will allow Nash to rest some while playing. Kobe's D will cover for him some.

I do not think Nash will be very effective in year three of this deal.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Kobe's Defense is overrated. His defense sucked last year and it has sucked for a while.

Only reason Kobe ever got on all-defense team was his name and hype.

Kobe is the most overrated defensive player in the history of basketball.

OP
OP
Bufalay

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Kobe's Defense is overrated. His defense sucked last year and it has sucked for a while.

Only reason Kobe ever got on all-defense team was his name and hype.

Kobe is the most overrated defensive player in the history of basketball.

He's the most overrated player overall.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson