Official Predict the 2003 Cardinal Record Thread

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
3-13.

Can't see it any other way. Without a stud NFL CB we are toast. As usual I hoping for the best, but we should be in the running for a top 5 pick for the upcoming 2004 draft. I will be following the college ranks closely...

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I have been saying 7-9 for some time now and I am sticking to it. I was thinking 8-8 or even 9-7 was achievable with some good breaks but you cannot count on them.

So 7-9 it is...although if they lose to DET....

cardsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
9-7, so how much do you want for that bridge again Harry?

Last edited by a moderator:

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
13-3 YOU GOTTA BELIEVE

Recent NFL History tells us that improvements are not made in baby steps. The really bad teams turn it around in a big way, example - Rams, Pats, Bears a couple years ago, etc, etc. Carolina had a chance to do that this year & the Cardinals could shock the world. 11-5 & 12-4 were taken, so why not 13-3!!!!!!!!

hoopcoach

Reaction score
detroit win
seattle loss
greenbay loss
stlouis loss
dallas win
baltimore loss
sanfran loss
cincy win
pittsburgh loss
cleveland win
stlouis loss
chicago win
sanfran loss
carolina win
seattle win
minnesota loss

7-9 hope im wrong but thats where i think were at.

-coach

earthsci

That Rapscallion!!
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Originally posted by PACardsFan
13-3 YOU GOTTA BELIEVE

Are you crazy? Only an idiot would think that we could do that well. :D

PS-Before you respond, look at my prediction!
:stupid:

Mrospi

Reaction score
Sep 7 @Detroit Win
Sep 14 Seattle Win
Sep 21 Green Bay Win
Sep 28 @St. Louis Loss
Oct 5 @Dallas Win
Oct 12 Baltimore Win
Week 7 BYE
Oct 26 San Francisco Win
Nov 2 Cincinnati Win
Nov 9 @Pittsburgh Loss
Nov 16 @Cleveland Win
Nov 23 St. Louis Win
Nov 30 @Chicago Win
Dec 7 @San Francisco Loss
Dec 14 Carolina Win
Dec 21 @Seattle Win
Dec 28 Minnesota Win

13- 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! winning the Superbowl and I will be heading to Las Vegas to collect my winnings......

Wild Card

Surfin' Bird
Reaction score
Originally posted by Mrospi
Sep 7 @Detroit Win
Sep 14 Seattle Win
Sep 21 Green Bay Win
Sep 28 @St. Louis Loss
Oct 5 @Dallas Win
Oct 12 Baltimore Win
Week 7 BYE
Oct 26 San Francisco Win
Nov 2 Cincinnati Win
Nov 9 @Pittsburgh Loss
Nov 16 @Cleveland Win
Nov 23 St. Louis Win
Nov 30 @Chicago Win
Dec 7 @San Francisco Loss
Dec 14 Carolina Win
Dec 21 @Seattle Win
Dec 28 Minnesota Win

13- 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! winning the Superbowl and I will be heading to Las Vegas to collect my winnings......

Mrospi:

See, this is the kind of thing that gives Cardinals fans a bad name. Sweep Seattle? 5-3 on the road?? Unbeaten at home??? (I think the home unbeaten streak ends week 3, when Favre has our secondary for lunch.)

Dare to dream, man. I'll stick with 7-9.

WC

Mrospi

Reaction score
I have every right to dream!!!!!!!!!!! I am sticking with it 13-3 and a superbowl victory............. If you don't aim high, what's the point???? I hope the team has superbowl aspirations even if they keep it to themselves.... otherwise they are just there for the paycheck!!!!!!!!!!! Aim high!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

artp

Registered
Reaction score
I am a long time, avid fan; and avid fans are stupid this time of year. I say 8 - 8. Anything less than 7 -9 and Coach Mac is in jeopardy. Anything less than 6 - 10 and Coach Mac will be fired.
AH, the eternal carrot! I feel as optimistic this year as I have every year since 1964 when I first became a fan.

AzCards21

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Originally posted by Wild Card
Mrospi:

See, this is the kind of thing that gives Cardinals fans a bad name. Sweep Seattle? 5-3 on the road?? Unbeaten at home??? (I think the home unbeaten streak ends week 3, when Favre has our secondary for lunch.)

WC

Every Card fan is giving us a bad name then. WTF do you want? All of us to predict a miserable losing season? The fact someone picks us to actually do well is some sort of embarrassment to you? Get over it.

Wild Card

Surfin' Bird
Reaction score
Originally posted by AzCards21
Every Card fan is giving us a bad name then. WTF do you want? All of us to predict a miserable losing season? The fact someone picks us to actually do well is some sort of embarrassment to you? Get over it.

AZCards21:

"Every Card fan"? Re-read the thread, sport. There are plenty of predictions for sub-.500 seasons here. In fact, the newest feature on the home page, "Dark Prognostications," outlines in entertaining detail why the Cards will go 6-10 (or 5-11, depending on which Shapiro brother you go with).

I thought the point of this thread, per Mad Card Disease's original post, was to "predict the Cardinals final record." (Which MCD followed up with his guess of 6-10. Presumably, he's a "fan," right?)

Mrospi's entitled to predict a 13-3 season for the Cards, if that's what he believes. I'm entitled to question his assumptions--spelled out in his post--that the Cards will (1) sweep the Seahawks, (2) go 5-3 on the road, and (3) go unbeaten at home, in order to get 13 wins. What's your beef?

Get over yourself.

WC

AzCards21

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Originally posted by Wild Card
Mrospi:

WC

Re-read your post sport. Just because there are "plenty" of predictions that say we will be a sub .500 team we all need to succumb to it?

The thread is to predict the final outcome of the season. Koolaide or Darksider.

You just chose to call someone out for being optomistic and then blame them for how the Cards are viewed nationally.

Mrospi:
See, this is the kind of thing that gives Cardinals fans a bad name.

Why does predicting a 13-3 season give us fans a bad name? A worse name would be if we all predicted that we would have the first round draft choice next year.

My beef is you giving up before the first snap of the regular season. And calling anyone who thinks we will do better to task for "giving the Cardinals fans a bad name".

Just what are we supposed to do to not give us this "bad name"? Predict an 0-16 season?

You made your prediction and that's fine. Just don't belittle those that think it will be better.

Wild Card

Surfin' Bird
Reaction score
Originally posted by AzCards21
My beef is you giving up before the first snap of the regular season. And calling anyone who thinks we will do better to task for "giving the Cardinals fans a bad name".

Just what are we supposed to do to not give us this "bad name"? Predict an 0-16 season?

AZCards21:

What makes you think I'm "giving up before the first snap"? My prediction of 7-9 looks like wide-eyed optimism, compared to most unbiased observers--including the local and national press--as well as to many on this board.

As far as I'm concerned, predicting a 13-3 record and a Super Bowl appearance for the Cards this year is as over-the-top as Denver columnist Woody Paige predicting that the Broncos will go 16-0 with Plummer behind center. "Do better" is one thing. Having the franchise's best winning percentage since 1948 (when they went 11-1) is another.

Here's an idea. Why don't you tell us which of the following you think is gonna happen: (1) Cards sweep Seattle; (2) Cards win 5 of 8 road games; (3) Cards go unbeaten at SDS. For extra credit, make an intelligent argument why some/ all of those things will happen.

Here's another idea. Since my original post wasn't addressed/ directed to you, why not let Mrospi fight his own battles? I thought his own response was perfectly adequate. I told him to "dare to dream." He said he had "every right to." I agree.

WC

daytripper

All Star
Reaction score
My 2 cents
7-9
A two win improvement over last year while seasoning a greeen reciever corps will be a big step in the right direction and will place us in contention for a wild card spot in "04.

CardsRep03

Registered
Reaction score
Double your numbers. I think that's salesmen talk.

8wins 8 losses Last year we had 4 wins...so....I'm doubling the Cards' numbers........ Blake is twice the QB Plummer is-----Double your numbers!

OmahaCardsFan

Veteran
Reaction score
Record

5-11 (I wish it would be 13-3, but reality always sets in about now.) Next year will be another top 6 draft.:(

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
Originally posted by CardsRep03
Double your numbers. I think that's salesmen talk.

8wins 8 losses Last year we had 4 wins...so....I'm doubling the Cards' numbers........ Blake is twice the QB Plummer is-----Double your numbers!

Last year we won 5, so change that # to 10-6! :thumbup:

dylanbw

Registered
Reaction score
While I do realize that Crack Kills....

...I'm going with a miracle filled 9-7 season. Hope is a good thing....just ask Red and his friend Andy Dufresne.

Go Cards! One Heartbeat, baby.

Dylan

I'm hoping to come out to AZ for the Rams game; if so, looking forward to tailgating with the gang here from this site.

arthurracoon

The Cardinal Smiles
Reaction score
Sep 7 @Detroit WIN
Sep 14 Seattle WIN
Sep 21 Green Bay LOSS
Sep 28 @St. Louis LOSS
Oct 5 @Dallas WIN
Oct 12 Baltimore LOSS
Week 7 BYE
Oct 26 San Francisco LOSS
Nov 2 Cincinnati WIN
Nov 9 @Pittsburgh LOSS
Nov 16 @Cleveland WIN
Nov 23 St. Louis LOSS
Nov 30 @Chicago WIN
Dec 7 @San Francisco WIN
Dec 14 Carolina LOSS
Dec 21 @Seattle WIN
Dec 28 Minnesota WIN

I said 9-7

Please tell me if tere is a game I listed as WIN that is NOT winnable.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard