Nuggets @ Suns 12-29-18

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After getting clobbered last night by the Thunder in the fourth quarter, the Suns (9-27) finish back-to-back games this evening against the Nuggets. It's the second game of the Suns seven game home stand.

The Nuggets (22-11) beat the Spurs at home on Friday 102-99.

The game will be televised on FSAZ Plus. Start time is listed at 7 p.m.

Here is a game preview by Duane Rankin at azcentral:

Outlook:
Phoenix continues its seven-game homestand against Denver after opening it Friday against Oklahoma City. This will the second of a back-to-back for the Suns. … Denver entered Friday’s game against San Antonio atop the Western Conference with a 21-11 record. … The Suns went 3-2 on their road trip before facing the Thunder. … The Nuggets beat the Suns, 119-91, in their only meeting so far this season Oct. 22 in Denver as center Nikola Jokic had a triple-double of 35 points, 11 rebounds and 11 assists. … Kelly Oubre Jr. averaged 14.9 points in his first four games with Phoenix as he scored 20 against his former team in a triple-overtime loss at Washington. Denver will follow up this game with New York on New Year’s Day while Phoenix’s next game is New Year’s Eve against Golden State. The defending NBA champion Warriors beat the Suns in Oakland by 20 back in October.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/spo...-nba-champ-golden-state-homestand/2429972002/

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Totally different animal than last night.
Instead of Westbrook now we get to see if the Suns can stop the Joker.

Batman?

AsUdUdE

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Is anyone else's Cox guide showing Coyotes list on both channels tonight? suppose to be channel 1073

I am sure it's just a error with the guide, but given how packed tonights sports schedule in general is, I would be bummed if they screwed up and I miss recording it...

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Is anyone else's Cox guide showing Coyotes list on both channels tonight? suppose to be channel 1073

I am sure it's just a error with the guide, but given how packed tonights sports schedule in general is, I would be bummed if they screwed up and I miss recording it...
For what it's worth, the AzRepublic lists our teams' next three games, updated every day, and they having been showing tonight's game on FSAZ Plus at 7 PM.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
go suns! be nice to get 10 wins

suns showing some improvement great to see ayton still playing well

plus suns still have a great shot at zion!

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Totally different animal than last night.
Instead of Westbrook now we get to see if the Suns can stop the Joker.

With George out, had we shot halfway decently we could have pulled off the upset. Denver is missing some players too but I think we have to play well and get a little help from them, Jokic is just not a good match-up for us right now. Maybe when Ayton adds some strength?

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is an injury report for the Nuggets.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Am I the only one that hates Carl’s Jr. because of the auditory abuse I am subjected to over and over and over and over and......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Am I the only one that hates Carl’s Jr. because of the auditory abuse I am subjected to over and over and over and over and......

Are you talking about music or what?

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sometimes I think restaurants play bad music so to speak to keep cutomers moving.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Sometimes I think restaurants play bad music so to speak to keep cutomers moving.
Maybe

I’m talking about the ad during the pre game and game that is played over and over. Do you not see the Carl’s Jr. ad over and over? It aired at least 10 times during the pre game show.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suns are paying so much attention to Jokic the Nuggets are getting open looks.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe

I’m talking about the ad during the pre game and game that is played over and over. Do you not see the Carl’s Jr. ad over and over? It aired at least 10 times during the pre game show.

I thought this might be what you meant.

Luckily I don't get the ad (at least that I am aware) and if I did I would block it out. Advertisement is wasted on me.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Chambers and Eddie both talked about Booker and the hero ball. Especially in the 4th quarter. Talked about the need to keep running plays.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Chambers and Eddie both talked about Booker and the hero ball. Especially in the 4th quarter. Talked about the need to keep running plays.

That's on the coach. 100%.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Another game, another horrendous start. The lack of strategic planning and preparation is astounding.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns can't get the ball inside so they are dependent on the outside shot.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Nuggets started hitting outside shots, now they are getting inside baskets.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA