Not One Rising Star

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Disappointing that JJ couldn’t make a team.

BUt looking at the 9 rookies and the US squad it looks right.

If JJ can’t make it next year we have to start getting worried imo.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The game has evolved a bit.

The game used to face the league’s best rookies off against the best sophomore players from the season but switched from that format in 2015 to the World vs. USA format.

The league’s best international rookies and sophomores will play for the World, while the best American-born players will play for the USA. The USA team is led by top rookies like Jayson Tatum, Donovan Mitchell, and Kyle Kuzma, while the World is led by 76ers teammates Joel Embiid and Ben Simmons.

https://www.sbnation.com/2018/1/24/...mons-donovan-mitchell-kyle-kuzma-jayson-tatum

hsandhu

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Well I'm convinced now dillon brooks, John collins, dunn, hield, bogdonovic and sabonis will have better careers than jackson since they made the rising stars game... Seriously who gives a f.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We have too many young players. None of them get enough of a particular role to make it. I really don't care about this.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We have too many young players. None of them get enough of a particular role to make it. I really don't care about this.

We've had a youngster manning the PF spot for us all year, on the 1st and 2nd unit. Chriss started 76 games last year, I believe, and he's started 90% of the games this season even with his injury. If he played better then he would have earned a spot.

I would think the league would want to invite Bender & Chriss if they were deserving so they could have teammates playing against each other at the same position in this game. That would be interesting to see if they were good enough to warrant an invite.

ColdPickleNachos

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Not only do we not have a Rising Star, we traded the game's MVP. Bogdanovic scores 26 points in a World team blowout.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Why do we care. Josh should be in that game. His play has been great lately.

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
Is Bogdan SG or SF? Maybe we can trade Chriss for him if he's a SG? Come on Kings.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hopefully Jackson takes the snub personally and keeps his play up through the end of the year. I don't see him being Rookie of the Year since this team has been so bad but he could still make the 1st or 2nd All Rookie team.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Our young players aren't any good. Why the shock?
That’s the issue here. Ryan McDonough has wasted all these top 10 picks that he’s had and we have nothing to show for it.