Nintendo Switch thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by dreamcastrocks, Mar 8, 2017.

1. cwamjn

cwamjn Veteran

I love my switch. I love super smash bros. All my kids are coming over tonight to play that is priceless in my opinion. Usually only get all my kids together for the fourth thanksgiving, and christmas.

AzStevenCal and BigRedRage like this.
  2. BigRedRage

BigRedRage We are not getting rid of Rosen Contributor

this is a major motivating factor for me. My 17 year old brought it up wanting to half the cost so she had video games in her room and when not home they can be in the living room.

My 4 year old cant really play xbox yet.

my ten year old is down to play anything.

so getting 3-4 of us playing games together would be a common occurrence.

3. Linderbee

Linderbee Let's GO, CARDINALS! Contributor

The switch is fantastic and worth every penny, imo.

4. BigRedRage

Your endorsement made me want to go get one right now but that's silly, I work tomorrow

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

Linderbee likes this.
  5. Covert Rain

Covert Rain Father smelt of elderberries!

The Switch is OK. It's another it's just good enough system. It's basically a glorified handheld that disguises itself as a full blown console when put into it's docking station.

My kids are hot and cold with it. They will play it for a couple days and then it sits there for a couple weeks collecting dust.

My family enjoyed the Wii much much more than the Switch. Maybe that would change if the Switch came out with another Wii sports title designed for the Switch.

6. BigRedRage

still haven't bought it.

I did buy accessories for it though lol

I went to gamestop looking at games once and a dad had his 4 year old son looking at games and kept telling him to "just ******* pick one" and then yelling at him when his eyes strayed or he looked back at his dad. What could be a pleasant and fun experience for his son was a nightmare, if youre pissed off at him and don't want to buy him a game, why are you even there. The kid was clearly too young to read and the dude was no help.

Ultimately, I just ended up leaving before I said something to the guy and ended up beating him up in front of his son for lashing out at me. not an experience im looking for.

My main issue in purchasing is just deciding if I want digital games or physical games at this point and ultimately once I get one, I feel like im going to want it to be mine and the kids to pitch in to have one for them. This thing would be awesome for flights and vacations.

7. BigRedRage

went and got one on a slow work day to play at work. pretty cool. Just have Super Mario U or whatever so far. Need to get some more games. Biggest benefit to this will be playing switch games with my teenager on our 7 hour flight to Jamaica.

Linderbee likes this.
  8. BigRedRage

I read the other day about how the Switch has a new dongle coming out that allows Bluetooth headsets. So, I assume that means it does not allow it now. I would prefer to not buy this so I am curious: Is there a way to listen to the video games on headphones as stock? Maybe just headphones that plug in? I am sure we will want sound on the plane. I imagine we cant both have headphones in but she could use the right and I could use the left or something?

9. Linderbee

Linderbee Let's GO, CARDINALS! Contributor

I'll ask dcr to answer this for you as I know he knows.
    Did you get any pro controllers with it, or just the joycon thingies?

10. puckhead

puckhead Waxing Gibbous Contributor

There is an analog 3.5mm headphone port on the top of the unit. You could split the left and right earbuds if you wanted, but they do make splitters that you could buy under $10. Depending on the headphones, it will probably use the battery a little faster using two pairs.

Just search "3.5mm Y splitter" on Amazon or dealer of choice.

11. BigRedRage

I currently just have the stock switch, nothing else. I doubt I would buy the pro controller. The switch is more of a casual gaming machine for me, I don't plan on games like COD or something that I would need a pro controller for.

Score. You da man.

12. BigRedRage

all Mario games are on sale for $40 this week. Amazon and Walmart are out of codes but best buy still has them. It is a digital only sale. Just picked up Odyssey, kart and party for $40 a pop.

13. BigRedRage

Played the first two levels of Odyssey last night. Really cool concept. There are a ton of moves I will have to learn apparently to play through the whole game but so far its really cool. Also played some Mario party with the kids but we only have the stock two controllers so I need to get more. Taking it to mexico this weekend which should make the car ride more fun for the kids and then headed to Jamaica next week and looking forward to having video games on the plane.

Linderbee likes this.
  14. dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks Chopped Liver Moderator Contributor

Odyssey is arguably my favorite Mario of all time. That one and 64 are neck and neck. It is an amazing game.

15. BigRedRage

for sure, totally reminds me of 64 and I love the 64 game.

we spent like 3 hours playing on the plane flight home from Jamaica, it was awesome. Played kart, party, overcooked, all kinds of stuff. was great.

Linderbee likes this.