NHL Draft talk. 2022

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love JC. I think he's a stud dman who plays the right way. But I have a really bad feeling that those knees are going to shorten his career and peak level by more than we can risk. We're in rebuild, I think we're going to miss his window of opportunity anyway, so the right call in my mind is to move him now.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love JC. I think he's a stud dman who plays the right way. But I have a really bad feeling that those knees are going to shorten his career and peak level by more than we can risk. We're in rebuild, I think we're going to miss his window of opportunity anyway, so the right call in my mind is to move him now.
Yeah, I've heard some reports about possibly to Columbus for the 12th pick.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm really hoping there's a deal with NJ. But, this is the Coyotes so whatever we do, will backfire. :yotes::gun:

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I wonder if NJ picks Wright or trades the pick?

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wow, I don't mind taking Cooley. I wonder if there is something people don't like about Wright? Maybe something off the ice. Welcome to Arizona Logan!

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I like that Logan worked out with Mario Lemieux for years.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If they can get two players in the late 1st round that play right away, this could be a really fun team to watch with Cooley!

Town Drunk

Longest serving ASFN lurker
Reaction score
Can’t believe you guys didn’t take Wright there.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
They have to move him to wing with his size, right?
No, he will play center. His size does not bother me. It sure didn't affect Kane or Crosby. Logan is very fast and makes things happen. I wanted him before the draft when I thought Wright would have already been taken and I still like the pick.

outcent13

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
With how little Chicago got for DeBrincat(sp) I’m not sure we can expect what they want for JC.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No, he will play center. His size does not bother me. It sure didn't affect Kane or Crosby. Logan is very fast and makes things happen. I wanted him before the draft when I thought Wright would have already been taken and I still like the pick.
Kane plays wing when Toews is healthy and scores so much more. I guess I was looking at it from that lense.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
From ESPN:
How he fits: The Coyotes had their pick of centers Shane Wright and Logan Cooley. They opted for the USA Hockey National Team Development Program product in Cooley, as Wright's plummet continued. In the past, Cooley's 5-10 frame might have been a hindrance. Not in today's NHL. The strong two-way center cites Patrick Kane as an inspiration for his play, but admits he needs some work on his long-range shooting to hit that level of goal-scorer. The Coyotes need ... well, everything. In Cooley they get a player who has more offensive upside than Wright, according to many scouts. He had 75 points in 51 games this season. -- Wyshynski

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson